eating less calories than i should..

Options
Is it possible that I am not losing the weight becuase I eat leas calories than I should be eating.? I should be eating 1200 a day (in order to lose 2 lb a day,) but I only eat about 600-800, mainly because I feel guilty. THANKS!

Replies

• nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    Is it possible that I am not losing the weight becuase I eat leas calories than I should be eating.? I should be eating 1200 a day (in order to lose 2 lb a day,) but I only eat about 600-800, mainly because I feel guilty. THANKS!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

to answer your question yes.

Now here is the bad part- once you start upping your calories your body is going to hold onto every little thing because your body doesn't know if you will continue to feed it since you have only been eating 600-800 calories- You need to eat a min of 1200 calories a day and never go under.

Now mind you that if eating only 1200 calories a day and you aren't losing that could also possibly mean that your still not eating enough- I personally think 1200 is too low for any female and that 1400-1600 is a great number-

A good idea is to change your goal to be 1lb a week eat the reccomended calories and workout - There is no quick fix to dropping weight-
    Also just because in a week a lb didn't come off doesn't mean anything your body could be changing shape because of muscle.

I just saw your profile it says 13lbs those lbs are a BI$%#- It all comes down to working out try increasing your cardio and throw some strength exercises in there- and eat some food-
    Starving yourself isn't going to keep the weight off not to mention you can become sick- Ok I need to stop cause my mom side is starting to come out
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    you cannot survive on 600-800 calories. Its not healthy. Please eat the amount you should eat 1200. That's a minimum for women.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    It's 2 pounds a week, and with you having so little to lose you probably won't be able to lose more than 1/2 pounds a week. When you hit the key to begin the program after setting your goals, it will tell you that if you follow this program you will lose however much a week. Check that I'm sure it changes from 2 pounds to less.

Okay here is the other thing. Eating so little is hard on your body and slows it down making it harder to lose. If you eat more you will feel better and be able to lose weight easier.

Good luck
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    It's 2 pounds a week, and with you having so little to lose you probably won't be able to lose more than 1/2 pounds a week. When you hit the key to begin the program after setting your goals, it will tell you that if you follow this program you will lose however much a week. Check that I'm sure it changes from 2 pounds to less.

Okay here is the other thing. Eating so little is hard on your body and slows it down making it harder to lose. If you eat more you will feel better and be able to lose weight easier.

Good luck

what she said.

Change your settings to 1 lb, or even 1/2 lb and eat ALL of the calories you're given.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    People just don't seem to realize (till they come to a site like this) that you can't expect to lose weight when you're starving your body! Your body has to feel that (1) you will give it enough fuel to get thru the day, including workouts, and (2) that you will continue to do so before it will stop turning everything into fat.

So now you know. Unfortunately, as you've been told, you'll gain weight in the beginning until your body realizes there's been a more permanent change.. then it will drop the weight.

Drink lots of water, too, flush out those toxins.
  • lolakey
    lolakey Posts: 91
    Options
    I have mine set on 1400 minimum, but when I exercise, I eat over 2000 and I'm down every week a little bit. It adds up. Before you know it, you'll reach your goal.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

eat at least 1200 calories..even if your not going to eat your excercise calories...
    your body really needs the fuel......2lb's a day is not realistic your going to be sick and dehydrated I suggest talking to your physician about healthy diet options and the negative effects of not getting proper nutrition.....