I feel good!!!

Options
oomalmal
oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
My grandfather passed away on the 24th. We were extremely close. I haven't felt up to excercising since last week, due to just how busy it's been, exhaustion, and depression.

Today I told myself to get up and do it. I know that grandpa wanted me to be healthy. So I did for 35 wonderful minutes and smiled the entire time. It felt good to be back.

So my success is that I didn't quit. I was hugely afraid this would set me back, or I would give up completely and I didn't . And I didn't put any of my weight back on that I've lost so far.

So for everyone that's struggeling right now, and doesn't feel up to it, or don't know if you can do it. You can. I did. I feel better having done it, and I'll do it again tomorrow.

Replies

• oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My grandfather passed away on the 24th. We were extremely close. I haven't felt up to excercising since last week, due to just how busy it's been, exhaustion, and depression.

Today I told myself to get up and do it. I know that grandpa wanted me to be healthy. So I did for 35 wonderful minutes and smiled the entire time. It felt good to be back.

So my success is that I didn't quit. I was hugely afraid this would set me back, or I would give up completely and I didn't . And I didn't put any of my weight back on that I've lost so far.

So for everyone that's struggeling right now, and doesn't feel up to it, or don't know if you can do it. You can. I did. I feel better having done it, and I'll do it again tomorrow.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That is an awesome attitude to have.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    WTG!!
    PMA!! Positive Mental Attitude!! makes all the difference!!!:smile:
  • cavanar2
    cavanar2 Posts: 46
    Options
    Nice work!:wink:
    Keep at it!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    That's great!

I know when my cat died recently I didn't feel like doing anything and stopped working out or watching what I ate for over a week. When I finally forced myself to go to the gym I couldn't believe how much better I felt. It felt like therapy in itself. Sometimes the things we feel the least like doing are what we need the most to help us.

Keep up the great work!
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful I am sure your grand pa is proud of you.....

Keep up the good work ...U are doing awesome...
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    great job, keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!