Ladies Only!

Options
Ladies out there how do you get though the chocolate/salty/cravings during that time of the month, do you just give in? eat within reason and stay within your calorie limit? just go over and not care have a splurge day? discuss =)

Also whats your fav things to eat during this time :happy:

Replies

• Kateinprogress
    Options
    Stay within calorie limits. I love Hershey's sugar free chocolate. It's 30 calories and individually wrapped so it might help. As far as salty/ crunchy try making salt and vinegar roasted chickpeas! (recipe here: piecesinprogress.tumblr.com/sinlesssnacks )

Mostly I just stick to my normal routine, I love all the foods I eat and balance different tastes and textures anyway so I don't tend to get too many cravings! :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I also stay in my calories. I like Blue Bell No Sugar Added Chocolate ice cream. I eat baked crackers for a salty taste.
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You can curb the craving with banana dipped in peanut butter. Don't give in!
  • jilliebk
    jilliebk Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I myself is dealing with that but I decided to take charge and I now eat FRUITS!! Again I have my days
  • Mrsairforce
    Options
    One word: Popchips. Gods gift to me! Still haven't found a chocolate replacement yet, though I'm not really craving chocolate anymore.
  • mmonconduit
    mmonconduit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I give in but stay in my calorie limit
  • faithisfabulous
    Options
    This is extremely hard. I think eating a little bit of chocolate in moderation is ok. I did a detox during my time of the month (even though it was not recommended) I was soooo sick but I endured it and made it through. I wouldnt recommend doing anything like that EVER!
  • Mikitta
    Options
    Especially when it is about sweets I try to eat it before noon and only the days that I do my workouts. I've heard that it is better to eat it after solid balanced meal cause it doesnt cause so big insulin level that is responsible for being terribly hungry later... About salty snacks like chips, crackers and popcorn preparing small portions about 150-200 kcal works also for me.
  • kd412
    kd412 Posts: 5
    Options
    As you know from looking over my food diary, there were a couple days during the past week when I ate quite a bit of chocolate. :wink: I recommend the Dove dark chocolate squares or Hershey's. They're individually wrapped and only 42 calories per candy. It's 210 cals for five. Just make sure to count! Before MFP, I would easily pop ten of those in my mouth per day! Yikes!
  • lindalou0703
    lindalou0703 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    skinny cow candy
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    It depends... sometimes I give in and have a splurge day, or I'll give in a little and not go over my limit, or I'll just simply find a healthy option!

I'm going to start looking at recipes and cook more for myself... specially when it comes to sweets!!!
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I try to stay with in limit and eat something healthy-ish but delish. I personally love chocolate peanut butter cliff builder bars. I get lots of protein, chocolate, crunchy goodness.
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    A single Take Five chocolate bar covers salty, crunchy and chocolate and is usually something that I can fit into my calories.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    My husband got me a box of random mix small chocolates - like you'd get in a box from Russell stoffers or something like that. I'll have just 1 or 2 a day. Or Hershey dark minatures.

I also like the fiber 1 brownies for 90 calories.

For salt I do ruffles but less than a serving size.

Just keep in your calories.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I am craving, and I eat way too much of it. :( I try very hard to stay under my calories, but it doesn't happen that often . Sadly I always gain a few pounds during my period, and it isn't water, it takes me weeks to get rid of. If it weren't for my period I would lost 3 or 4 more pounds a month. Blah.
  • Bells5001
    Bells5001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I get really hungry...craving baked goods and carbs.....it's terriable! I just try my best not to gvie in!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I usually have cravings for salty things. So, I will usually air pop some popcorn and add sea salt and popcorn oil to it and I'm good. I will eat between 2-3 cups and that will usually satisfy my cravings.