are you all new???

Options
2»

Replies

• lublue
    lublue Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It is SO helpful. Logging food and exercise really keeps me on track, I know that I've been doing well so I'm motivated to carry on - when I don't know how I'm doing with my food I tend to eat more.
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Not new! Been here a little over a year and it totally works!!!! Check out my success story!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/427089--pictures-one-year-comparison
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have friends here that have lost 100... 150... even 200 lbs. It does work, but only works as well as the person. Don't give a website credit for one's own dedication.
  • ChristenJohnson
    ChristenJohnson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well I started using the app on my iphone Dec. 14, 2011. It has helped me because I can keep up with how much Im eating. I just turned 30 and I really want to get back into shape. Im 5'8 and started out at 176 and have lost 5lbs. My husband started on Monday and we are going to try and support eachother. Im hoping to at least be at 150 or less by April. Well I guess we will see how it goes.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new. I signed up November 13th but didn't start in earnest until about a week after Thanksgiving. Since then I've been really working at it despite some setbacks (injury from working out too much too fast, bad colds, Christmas gluttony, and a stomach bug) but all in all I'm doing great. I am down just about 9 pounds and hoping to hit the 10 pound mark by my weigh in on Friday. It's been a great motivator to begin regular exercise, really opened my eyes to the amount of calories I was eating and drinking, and I've met some wonderful and supportive people. So, yes I'd say it works! Welcome!
  • Natre
    Natre Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just joined a few days ago and i've seen a difference already! I lost a lot of weight through WW years ago and they key was the journaling (through pen and paper...before their online system). With the MFP site, you can journal/log your food and exercise AND ITS FREE?!?! Oh yeah, I'm there.

And you can't beat the support here. Each of us has a different destination, but we're on the same journey. Come along for the ride!
  • Blodnie
    Blodnie Posts: 66
    Options
    I'm new.. just hoping this will keep me on track. I have a ton to lose, but I'm trying the "little goals" philosophy. Just 2 pounds a week; one week at a time. I'd love to hear from anyone else looking to share in some support. :-)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've been here almost a year-- it works very well for me. :)
  • halloweengirl
    Options
    Hiya :)
    I'm re-starting - as of today - I've been a member on here for a while but let things slip over the past few months.
    I'm more determined than ever to do this now, for health reasons more than anything else.

Good luck everyone, I can see it does work if you stick with it :)
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am new. I just joined today and I am really hoping this will help me lose some weight before my wedding in May. :)
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    I'm not really new. I was here a couple years ago under a different screnname. I stopped coming here because I had a lot of stuff going in my life, and I just came back in December. This site DOES work, but you have to hold yourself accountable. That means logging every single thing you put into your body, and working hard.
  • Art63
    Art63 Posts: 87
    Options
    Don't give up. Keep trying. Even when you go berserk and eat everything in site....come back the next day and start fresh. One bad day does not mean that the next day has to also be bad. There are SO many success stories on here so people can do this.

I joined here in November but started working on improving my health in July. After a couple of months of weight loss I hit a plateau. While searching about that I ended up here. At first I was intimidated by all these people who had lost 30 pounds, 50 pounds, 70 pounds....good grief. I had lost 10 or something by then and thought I'll never match up.

Well, a day at a time is what you do. I try not to look too far in the future and just concentrate on today's calories and what I can do now. It works.
  • jolynnmjohnson
    jolynnmjohnson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you dont already know there is a app for the i-phone and android phones, you can link it and if you have a phone with a cam you can scan whatever you eat if your not infront of a pc and it will sync and update......

How do I do that? I have Iphone.