Please Help :'(

Options
Ok. So i know that people tell me that if i follow my calories that it tells me to eat on MFP and to exercise 5 times ina week for 30 minutes that i should roughly lose 7.9 pounds by feburary 10th. Now i'm just curious. I burned off alot of calories yesterday and it gave me an extra 420 calories that i was allowed to eat. Here is my question. Does that mean that even though it gave me those extra calories that i can eat and lets say that if i did eat themand if i continue doing that if it does happen to say those things again, will that still help me with my weight loss because i'm starting to have my doubts in myself :'(:frown:

Replies

• teresabreeding
    teresabreeding Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes, whatever you burn you can eat. :smile: If you are eating too little you probably won't lose anything...maybe even gain...at least that has been my experience.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Ok. So i know that people tell me that if i follow my calories that it tells me to eat on MFP and to exercise 5 times ina week for 30 minutes that i should roughly lose 7.9 pounds by feburary 10th.
    Actually, if you follow the calories that it tells you to eat and don't exercise at all, you'll lose roughly 7.9 pounds by February 10th too. THAT'S why you're supposed to "eat back" your exercise calories. Your deficit is there whether or not you exercise.
  • kimsue123
    kimsue123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just remember most people drastically underestimate their serving sizes so the calories you think you consume usually aren't accurate.
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I let myself eat half of the calories I burn.....that way I feel like I get a reward but don't use up all my hard work (plus it makes me work out longer!) ..... good luck to you!!
  • kidatel
    Options
    Im seeing an nutritionalist now & she told me that I needed to eat bk those calories ... Also eat a lil something before u exercise so u will hv enough energy to work out & also eat a lil something when ur done to replenish what u burned up while working out ... hope this helps :)