how long did it take you to get results?

Options
Ive been at this for 5 weeks now and ive been going up and down 5lbs. losing focus and need more results because i work out very hard.

Replies

• pretty_ribbons
    pretty_ribbons Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    when i starting trying to lose weight in august i got results on the scale after 2 weeks..um i cant remember how much exactly but i think it waas around 9 lbs but i started to see the difference after about a month and a half maybe
  • Maria_t02
    Options
    Ive been at this for 5 weeks now and ive been going up and down 5lbs. losing focus and need more results because i work out very hard.

I've been doing the same with my weight but I am assuming that eventually it will come off..its one of those things, if you just keep doing it, then you have to eventually loose weight! I think of all the times I gave up..if just once I had continued I may be where I want to be a long time ago!
  • joganc
    joganc Posts: 1
    Options
    I was told that the weight loss starts inside & even tho you feel like it is not doing anything or your not seeing any results dont give up because almost like overnight the changes are noticable & your like "WOW"..every one will start to comment on how good you look, but it does take a good 6-8 weeks to see & feel the changes, your clothing will start to fit differently..dont give up :happy:
  • pretty_ribbons
    pretty_ribbons Posts: 154 Member
    Options

I've been doing the same with my weight but I am assuming that eventually it will come off..its one of those things, if you just keep doing it, then you have to eventually loose weight! I think of all the times I gave up..if just once I had continued I may be where I want to be a long time ago!

definitely keep going, i am really impatient and felt like giving up everyday but at the same time im quite stubborn and i just kept telling myself that if i eep doing this its gotta come off sometime, i have so far lost 28 lbs, i still have a way to go but i feel like how you feel mtalbot02, if i just didnt give up i would have lost so much more by now

good luck to both you ladies :)
  • lockleyc
    lockleyc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was told that the weight loss starts inside & even tho you feel like it is not doing anything or your not seeing any results dont give up because almost like overnight the changes are noticable & your like "WOW"..every one will start to comment on how good you look, but it does take a good 6-8 weeks to see & feel the changes, your clothing will start to fit differently..dont give up :happy:
    so by then do you think Ill see a difference on the scale and in my clothes? I was thinking about lowering my cal intake but I having a hard enough time now cause I have a eating addiction.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I know it's probably not that encouraging to hear, but the truth is the results appear when you're no longer expecting them! Just keep up with your improved eating and fitness habits, make that your new norm, and one day you'll wake up, look in the mirror and be like WOW.

I find it really helps to take progress photos of yourself and your body. I have been probably every 8 weeks or so I can notice a difference in the photos. It's really encouraging to see.
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It took me about a month to notice a slight change on the outside, but mentally I felt better in a couple of days! I agree on taking pictures it really helps to be able to visualize the difference in a side by side comparison. Are you tracking inches as well? That really helps me. Hang in there and don't give up!
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I lost about 10 lbs and a pant size after about 3 weeks. Stick with it!! You'll get there!! :happy:
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options
    It took me one week to see results, i lost 4 pounds my first week and 2.7 the second week am going on week 3. don't alter anything leave it set to the recomended preset, workout alot more or make it more intense.....don't give up!!!!