is it okay to have two cheat days in one week?

I already had my cheat day this week, but tonight I am just so hungry and want more food! Usually the cheat foods I have are just cereal and peanut butter.... not that bad right? okay it's still bad if you're eating too much.... So anyways my main question is it okay to have two cheat days in one week, or is it a big no no?

Replies

• Virginia90
    Virginia90 Posts: 317 Member
    I think it's different for each person. Look at your total week's deficit - they say 3500 calories is a pound, so I'd look at your weekly deficit and see if you can "afford" to cheat again - if not, then you'll have to just decide to be okay with that, or decide not to eat more. What is your calorie limit set at? If you have your settings set to lose 2lbs a week, but you don't actually have a lot of weight to lose, you will be hungry, which will lead to binges. If you are close to your ideal weight, your settings should be set to lose .5lbs or 1lb max. It will help with both hunger and weightloss. Or you can do what I do when I want a treat - bust out some cardio. LOL
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Define a "cheat day"- is that at maintenance level for your? Or is a cheat day a day where would you gain weight if you ate that way every day?

If a cheat day is still a caloric deficit or neutral, I think two per week is OK if it keeps you going in the right direction. Weight loss should be viewed as a marathon, not a sprint.

If you would gain weight if you ate like that every day, then two per week is a fairly serious sabotage of your goal.

Perhaps you should examine your caloric intake on a weekly basis, both with and without cheat days, and see where you would end up.