Successful work romance stories

Options
TheBraveryLover
TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
So I've been crushing so hard on this guy at work. Like, seriously, school girling it hardcore. We've been talking a lot more lately and getting to know each other better. Recently, he, in no uncertain terms, let me know that he's interested in me (score!). But honestly, I don't want the added problems and awkwardness if things end up not working out so I'm apprehensive about letting him pursue me further. Trust me, I already know the unsuccessful stories of a work romance gone wrong, so I'd like to hear from those where things actually did work out well. I'm crazy about him and am stuck between a rock and a hard place on what to do, so yes, I want to read some optimistically biased stories. Sue me! :tongue:

Replies

• Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, I applied at a local sub shop. My now husband saw me and told his boss to hire me. We started dating a week after I started working. We worked together for 7 months, he went off to basic training at that time. I must say that it was hard for me. I tended to get jealous a lot when he would talk non-stop to another girl that worked there that he dated shortly. We got through that and are now happily married for the last 11 1/2 years. I would probably never work with him again. I love him dearly, but 24/7 with him would drive me nuts. I do need a break from him at times.

We have made it this far, but we also did not work together that long and our jobs were not our permanent career. I think working at my permanent career job and dating him would have been harder.

Sorry, don't know how much this helps.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at work. He was my supervisor.

It was a job i worked at while I was going to school. He transferred out a few months after we started seeing each other. We've been together almost 12 year and married almost 8 years. We have a 3 year old son and live a really nice life. It worked out for us so you never really know.
  • MrsMills712
    Options
    I met my current husband on my first day of my first job at 16. I had a crush on him, but he was dating someone. I then started dating another coworker of ours and was with him for 3 years. My husband had broken up with his girlfriend as he had fallen for me, and waited around for the next 2 years in the wings. We became best friends, and eventually, more. There was a short time however when my ex, husband and I all worked together. That was no ideal, but we made it through and have our happy ending. I loved working with him. It made going to work something I looked forward to. We got to take our lunch breaks together often, and always could relate about work-related venting. Good luck with your own romance story! ;)
  • TheBraveryLover
    Options
    Thank you ladies so much. I love it! He actually has expressed a desire for a career change soon so hopefully we won't work together for too long.

Wonderful stories, girls! :-)
  • jennabellaxoxo
    jennabellaxoxo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    the best part of a workplace crush is the CRUSH...not the kiss, not the sex, not the AFTERMATH...trust me on this one honey!
  • TheBraveryLover
    Options
    In case the few who responded care, I decided to give an update. We are officially dating and things are going well. We have discussed the possible issues that may arise if we were to stop seeing each other but we both are willing to take the risk. It hasn't been long but we're pretty much inseparable and are very excited to see what the future holds.

Thank you girls for telling your stories! :-D