Can I do a Jillian Michaels workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• april1lowe
    april1lowe Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I've been doing it since I started loosing weight. I was 185 lbs and am 5'2". It was a little rough on my knees at first so I had to modify some of the cardio (by swaping the high impact stuff for stationary punches) and I followed the modified moves for the other stuff. But once I dropped some weight, my knees could handle it better and I've been at it since. Now at 150 lbs, I just keep repeating it over and over lol. I also run along with doing Shred but that's bc I went from loving walking to loving running lol.

Off topic but for any of you other 30DS users, do you notice on level 2 you shed more inches then you do lbs?? Whenever I am on level 2 I swear I barely drop weight but man the inches fly off. I've been doing Shred for 10 mths, restarting every 30 days and without fail, level 2 time, I never loose lbs. Just curious if anyone else notices this.
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I AM SOOOO GOING TO WALMART!
    As soon as dinner's done...
  • emstgm
    emstgm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I AM SOOOO GOING TO WALMART!
    As soon as dinner's done...

Save the gas and shop Amazon!
  • lucy1945
    lucy1945 Posts: 153
    Options
    i just bought it. it has 3 levels. I just started level one. i weigh 201. its good! it kicks your hiney, but not to hard for me. and she shows you an ''easier version'' of each exercise just in case you are not at the fitness level to do it. 2 other girls are on the video. 1 does the slightly harder version and the other does the easier version...so thats nice! i say get it and do it at the level you can util you work up to it!
  • morrowsarah
    morrowsarah Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I did day 3 of 30 DS today. I'm 5'7 and 181. The front of my thighs about died after the first workout. I used a bunch of muscle rub the second day and fought through the pain during the 28 min. I rested the third day. Today was so much easier. I actually did all my jumping jacks without resting. I took pics of myself today and I think I will again after level one and then level two and three. Make sure you weigh and measure all over the first day and keep track after each level so you can track your progress. I think I'm going to get some of her other DVDs too! Good luck!
  • toxicat
    toxicat Posts: 79
    Options
    Just posted this on another thread...

First time I did 30DS I was about 200 lbs and lost 14.5 pounds in a month (and 8.75 inches!) It was tough but so worth it. I did 10 days each level. No breaks, no extra exercise, no freaky diet.

I just put it in my dvd rotation again this week. Now I am 150 lbs. It seems so easy! Yes, i got a good sweat going, but nothing compared to last July @ 200 lbs!.

This is my favorite DVD besides (Jillian Michaels banish Fat Boost Metabolism). Just got P90X, but not in "love" with it yet.

Stick with it! Good luck!

This was great to read! I just completed Day 3 of the 30DS and I love it. I feel more energetic already... and the "good" sore. LOL.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    You can do anything you put your mind to .... Maybe you will be slow at first, maybe need to take a few breaks here and there ... but eventually you will get the hang of it and see results ... ohhhh the results ... YOU will be soooo proud and amazed at what all YOU can do ! Just do it ! :)
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I just bought it... On sale at Target for $9 and weights are on sale for $3-$5 depending on the size you want. Can't wait to start. excited about the feedback I read on this thread.