Wii Zumba...worth it?

Options
2»

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed to hear so I can make this impulse buy while the husband and kid are out!

LOL you read my mind :D
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    What sort of calorie burn are we looking at here with the Wii Zumba, anybody know?
  • Lushcious
    Options
    I just bought the first one.I havent been to a class but i have done the actual zumba dvds.I like the game.Its fun and i like that it gives you an estimate of the calories you burned.It tracks calories and time.you also have the choice of picking just one song at a time or doing a whole class.I love to dance and i already know most of the moves but it still had me sweating.Next time i do it i plan on wearing weighted gloves or wrist weights for some added resistance for my arms,and ankle weights for legs.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried a class yet, however in the 2nd version there is a coupon for a free trial at 24 hour fitness. There's one close by me, so when my schedule permits I will be heading there.

A lot of instructors offer a free first class. Go to the main Zumba website and do the "find an instructor" lookup. All of the registered instructors should be listed on there. Contact some of them and see if they offer the first class free.

They have Zumba Gold which is lower impact for older people. And Zumba Toning (for those who said they didn't get a good upper body workout, there are "toning sticks" 1 pound or 2.5 pound).

I loved Zumba in person, but the instructor near me (whom I LOVE by the way) changed her class schedule and I can't get there anymore because of work. I have never tried the Wii game.