Intermittent Fasting

Options
I have been using IF for 1 month and I love it. 2 Days a week I fast the whole day, and the rest of the week I eat from12pm until 8pm. Still running a calorie deficit, and still making gains at the gym. I have an appreciation for food I never had before! It is has set me free from the bondage of having to eat every few hours with small portions!!! Anyone else experimenting with IF?

Replies

• MrFatLegs
    MrFatLegs Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    u dunno what IF is :blushing:
  • Stevebone42
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting
  • iworkouttt
    Options
    I've thought about trying it but I'm kind of hesitant... the studies on it have shown amazing results though.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I constantly keep thinking about food so.. fasting is out for me :P
  • SamMarieBailey
    Options
    I think I am going to try this. Is it safe?

http://getthisripped.com/diet/intermittent-fasting-to-lose-weight
  • IntrovertedFeeler
    Options
    I just started IF yesterday. But my goal is to eat one meal a day, every day. I'm currently experimenting if I should eat a little after waking or in the evening.

Since I work at home, I have to meet my own deadlines. So far, I'm finding it hard to sustain focus if I eat in the evenings. I'll give it a week to see if my mind and body can adapt. Otherwise, I'll start my days off with a meal.
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I do it and I have reduced cravings from when i used to eat 6 times a day. I love it and I am getting fantastic results.
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love what Intermittent Fast has done to my outlook on food consumption.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You do realize that there are other options besides IF and small, frequent meals, right?
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    How can you get all the daily nutrients you need? If you don't eat a lot of protein everyday, aren't you gonna lose a lot of muscle mass especially since you exercise at the gym?
    If it works for your weight loss, good for you. I'm just concerned about feeding the proper nutrients to your body.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    I have thought about fasting a day per week.... to give my body a rest from continuous eating... but i would only fast for 8 hours a day...

Eating is mechanically tiring in my opinion..
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    the only muscle you lose is tissue that is not formed properly...

The digestive system needs a rest in my opinion
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    You do realize that there are other options besides IF and small, frequent meals, right?

dont spoil things with common sense:wink:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I have thought about fasting a day per week.... to give my body a rest from continuous eating... but i would only fast for 8 hours a day...

you already do that ...everytime you sleep

keep up the good work
  • preppie84
    Options
    IF is a total game changer.
  • boobee32
    boobee32 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    God NO..I would never make it.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options

you already do that ...everytime you sleep

keep up the good work

Good point......

But still the digestive system would appreciate a rest... you can do fruit juice fasts... basically any fast where solids are not passed..
  • PaulS70
    PaulS70 Posts: 70
    Options
    I have not tried IF, but I have found that 5-6 hours between meals works much better for me than eating every 2-3 hours.

I know everyone has not had the same experience but every time I have tried to eat small portions every 2-3 hours for any significant stretch of time all I feel is unsatisfied and hungry.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Yes! once a week is good.
    Don't knock it till you try it!
    No one goes into starvation mode after only a couple of hours, I.f. gives your body time to use the fuel we constantly pump in.
    That's how I feel about it anyway.

P.s. I've read more than once over the years that Elle McPherson only eats one meal a day, and she's a 6ft glamazon.
    Enough said
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Yes! once a week is good.
    Don't knock it till you try it!
    No one goes into starvation mode after only a couple of hours, I.f. gives your body time to use the fuel we constantly pump in.
    That's how I feel about it anyway.

P.s. I've read more than once over the years that Elle McPherson only eats one meal a day, and she's a 6ft glamazon.
    Enough said

She's a six-foot supermodel who gets paid to look thin. I'm not doing any kind of 'diet' a supermodel does.