How did you find out about MFP?

Options
MOS3
MOS3 Posts: 134 Member
I came across it accidently while googling free weight loss trackers. So glad I did. It is a fantastic site. Since I have joined five of my friends and family have too !!

Replies

• PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I was told about it through another site, www.babayandbump.com.

A lot of the women on there use and we offer support through there also.

I'm slowly getting people into it but so far, just my MIL.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    This site was suggested to me on a mma site(mixed martial arts). They have a small fitness/nutrition section & a member mentioned the name. 10 months & 250lbs later.....I'm so thankful!!!:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I can't remember. ;/
  • Famzav8
    Famzav8 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I was browsing through the marketplace on my android and saw it..........
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure but I think it was through a link on Facebook......
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    through a tumblr weightloss blog.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I was looking into the G.I diet and wanted a list of G.I foods, then I wanted to know how many calories were in a cetain food and ended up stumbling accross M.F.P. I'm so glad I did!:bigsmile:
  • dennisnguyen
    dennisnguyen Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I learned about this site from my older brother (zipnguyen). He actually mentioned this site to me months ago but didn't join till now.

Why did I wait so long? I decided that it would be great to have a support system to keep me motivated. I actually don't have as many sources of motivation for sticking to a strict diet and exercise regimine other than self motivation. Although I do have a lot of self motivation, I still needed that extra push that I know I can get from this site.
  • Liquid741
    Liquid741 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    i was throwing my wife her 40th party...and we had a lot of friends over..her best friends sister came by and i was shocked at how she looked. i asked her friend what she was doing and she pulled out her cell phone and showed me MFP. i was working out 6days per week, and my results sucked! i didnt realize that i was eating way too much and of the wrong type of crap.

MFP completely changed my life! i was 218lbs. when i found it...down from 248. since i have found my new addiction i now weight 188 and closer to my 178 goal.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    app store on my iphone
  • 7opoundsin16weeks
    7opoundsin16weeks Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    blackberyy app..ironic how the app itself doesnt work lol
  • holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This site was suggested to me on a mma site(mixed martial arts). They have a small fitness/nutrition section & a member mentioned the name. 10 months & 250lbs later.....I'm so thankful!!!:drinker: :bigsmile:

Wow great job gary!!!

I ran across in android market place.
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    My pharmasist recomended it to me because he had lost a lot of weight on mfp.:drinker: I went in to ask about a appetite suppressant my doctor had me on. (I did'nt think it was for me:sick: ). And it was sooooo expensive! :noway: He told me his story and gave me the link to mfp. :bigsmile: I cant thank him enough.:flowerforyou:
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Came across it by accident,downloaded from itunes in Jan last year didn't begin to use until March. I wish i had started earlier.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I had used FitDay and CalorieKing before. I wanted a calorie tracker that ran as a native app on the iPhone. I found MFP in the App Store and when I installed it I noticed on the splash screen that it said you can also update your diary on the website www.myfitnesspal.com.

To tell you the truth I use the website more than the app now. The app is fantastic, though, because not only is it easier to log stuff with it on the phone instead of mobile Safari, it has that barcode scanner thing which is such a time saver.

The social aspect of MFP is what's kept me coming back. It makes such a difference to my adherence. I really should comment on people's statuses more since I derive a lot of motivation from theirs.

I suspect a lot of people find out about it that way.
  • LyriByri
    Options
    I started calorie counting by myself. I told my friend all about it and she thought she'd also give it a try.
    The next day she tells me about this app (MFP) and says I should join.
    The rest is history.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I learned about this site from my older brother (zipnguyen). He actually mentioned this site to me months ago but didn't join till now.

Why did I wait so long? I decided that it would be great to have a support system to keep me motivated. I actually don't have as many sources of motivation for sticking to a strict diet and exercise regimine other than self motivation. Although I do have a lot of self motivation, I still needed that extra push that I know I can get from this site.

lol zipnguyen is in my friends list. I cry whenever I see his 'reverse dieting' diary :P
  • clairegreen74
    clairegreen74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    through a freind .who uses it nearly every day :)
  • JenMarie826
    Options
    My amazing Aunt & Uncle told me about it and I LOVE MFP!
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Was looking for a health App in the Apple App store for my phone-- little did I realize (in a positive way) what I was in for :)