Question about HRM and the 30 Day Shred

Options
Hi everyone :smile: I bought my HRM a month ago, and I use it to track the calories burned from the 30 Day Shred (I'm on level 1). Before that I used the MFP estimation (under circuit training), and it said that I burned around 250 calories. But my HRM says that I burn around 118-120 cal in the entire workout. I'm not sure if that's a correct number or if I'm doing something wrong. My HRM has a chest strap, and I'm doing the whole workout without resting in between. I have asthma but I'm using medication 15 minutes before the workout, but I don't think that should make any difference? These are my stats if you need them, and thank you in advance for the help :happy:

Weight: 67 kg / 148 lbs
Height: 1.68 cm / 66 in (5'6''?)

Replies

• CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    MFP's estimate for 20 mins circuit training, general is 178. I always log the time for the workout, without the warm up. One level 30 DS is 20 mins. MFP estimates are always a bit higher. So you can really trust your HRM. When you're doing Level 1 with more intensity or are even able to move on to Level 2 you'll see you're burning much more calories. So don't worry, it's fine and your HRM is working properly.
    Good luck :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: