Breakfast Ideas

Hey,

I am wondering what to have for breakfast.

I don't fancy cereal and was wanting some ideas for what else to have.

So, what does everyone else have for that all important first meal of the day?

Thanks in advance.

X

Replies

• Warburtons wholemeal toasted with 5g of flora light
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    I like 1 egg, sunnyside up, cooked in 1 t. light butter, with chopped onion and about 2 T. marinara sauce. About 150 calories and under 5 minutes to cook. I like a few strawberries and raspberries or blackberries on the side.

yum!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    I had the most amazing breakfast yesterday, though it was only using up leftovers.

Some tinned ham, chopped into cubes.
    4 mushrooms, sliced
    Couple cherry tomatoes, quartered
    Handful of spinach.

Saute everything together in a frying pan with a little oil.

Must get more spinach.....

My usual breakfast is eggs, soy yoghurt with fruit or seeds and nuts, or wholemeal toast with avocado or nut butter.

Must get more avocado......
  • I love my veggi omelet most every morning. Little olive oil in the fry pan with broccoli, celery (crunch), zucchini, green peppers, mushrooms or anything else. Pan fry the veggies a bit, add a dash of water to the pan and cover for a minute to steam the veggies soft, especially broccoli, but then pour in your eggs right over top.

It's healthy, and very filling. I typically do 3 veggies, about 1/2 to 3/4 cup per veggie and then three scrambled eggs. It makes enough for my breakfast and frequently my lunch as well.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    ^^^ That actually sounds pretty good.

I like to scramble some eggs and add salsa to it. It's not exciting, but I really like it :smile:
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 741 Member
    Agreed, the veggi omelet sounds yummy.
  • Porridge! So yummy and keeps me full till lunch time!

At work, I have these -

http://www.quaker.co.uk/oat_so_simple_pots
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    I'm usually in a hurry in the morning, so most often I'll have a protein shake.

I also love smoothies (fruit, yogurt, milk... whatever else!) and this recipe looks yummy- you could make it ahead and freeze it: http://pinterest.com/pin/109493834660145685/

I've also pre-done scrambled egg cups with spinach, cheese & ham- mix & pour in muffin cups, bake and then freeze so you can grab and go (they're also yummy on an english muffin).

On cold winter days, I love some warm oatmeal... add in some spices, cream and canned pumpkin and it tastes like pumpkin pie!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    I eat usually anywhere from 300-500 calories for breakfast. I frequent between a few things:

-A Sandwich Thin, toasted, with about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on it, and a banana sliced on top. With a glass of milk, you're taking in about 18-20 grams of protein, about 8 of fiber. It's a bit high on carbs, though.

-Scrambled eggs (I do 1 whole egg and 2 or 3 egg whites), with a banana and a glass of milk. (about 25 grams protein, and 3 grams fiber)

-Breakfast scramble. One red potato, cut into small cubes. I fry it in a little olive oil, add a little salt, then cover it with the lid for a few minutes to let it steam. While it's steaming, I chop up half of a bell pepper into pieces, and add it once the potatos are about halfway cooked through. Then I put the lid on and let it steam again. Then I start to prepare scrambled eggs by mixing them together in a coffee mug. Once all the stuff in the pan is pretty much done, I add the eggs and scramble them. Makes a HUGE portion for not a lot of calories! (about 18 grams protein, 4 grams fiber)

-Breakfast burrito. My tortilla has 210 calories, but 10 grams of fiber and 30 carbs. I spread a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese on it, then add some scrambled eggs, leftover roasted potatos (if I have any, my mom loves potatos so we usually do), maybe a slice of bacon cut into small pieces, with some spicy, chunky salsa! Mmmmmmm. (about 22 grams of protein, 10 grams of fiber)

-A Sandwich Thin, toasted, with real butter and real strawberry jam (I'm allergic to high fructose corn syrup, so it's important for me to have real jam, lol). I'll usually have a string cheese and a glass of milk with it. (about 22 grams protein and 6 grams fiber).

I focus on protein and fiber for breakfast because they keep me full the longest. I have breakfast around 6 and lunch around 12:30. I have classes in between, and I'm not allowed to eat during class. :/
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Wow I need to get more creative, I have 2 weetbix n milk every damn morning lol
  • A green apple with 1 - 2 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter. :flowerforyou:

... I'm not really a breakfast person :laugh:
  • Yoghurt, toast, fruit, nuts, eggs, omlettes, muesli, muesli bars, pancakes (made without egg whites, minimal sugar, and skim milk) topped with banana and yoghurt, ham and cheese toastie, smoothies, meal replacement shakes... just to name a few! :)