Calories per day?

Options
When I set it to 1lb per week loss I only get 1,200 calories!!! I tried it...can't do it...I get too hungry and it means I have to WORK OUT EVERY DAY no matter what just to be able to eat more and not feel hungry.

I work out about 4 to 5 times a week...going up to 7 days a week...I just don't have time. I put in at LEAST 45 min. but usually 1 hour 15 min. HELP! What do I do? A personal trainer at the gym says 1,200 is really pushing it. I feel really good at 1400 calories, but I also want to lose another 10-20 lbs.

If I move it to 1/2 lb. a week and do some interval training will that get the lbs. sliding off?

Replies

• lenmana
    lenmana Posts: 171
    Options
    When I set it to 1lb per week loss I only get 1,200 calories!!! I tried it...can't do it...I get too hungry and it means I have to WORK OUT EVERY DAY no matter what just to be able to eat more and not feel hungry.

I work out about 4 to 5 times a week...going up to 7 days a week...I just don't have time. I put in at LEAST 45 min. but usually 1 hour 15 min. HELP! What do I do? A personal trainer at the gym says 1,200 is really pushing it. I feel really good at 1400 calories, but I also want to lose another 10-20 lbs.

If I move it to 1/2 lb. a week and do some interval training will that get the lbs. sliding off?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    maybe experiment with different foods...high fiber really kills cravings
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    IMO I think 1200 is too low for females- I think 1400-1600 is a great range and its still a deficit-

Remember that MFP is just a guide/tool you can tweak it to your specific needs.