No Calories provided?

Options
Hey ppl what do you do if your dining out and they cannot provided the calorie amount..
i just had this problem tonight at fasta pasta and no one could provide me the details so i was forced to
guess, i did try to investigate before going there but i had no luck and i couldnt skip dining there as it was
for a event.. has anyone got any tips?

Replies

• Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Google or search the database for the closest match - and enjoy myself if it's a once in a while thing :)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You do have to guess every once in a while. If you can identify the main ingredients (pasta, bolognaise sauce, cheese sauce, whatever) you should be able to find something similar in the database.

Sometimes I'll just do a quick add of 1000 calories for a dinner out.
  • Hoothill
    Options
    I try to make and educated guess... and add a few calories, to err on the side of too much!!
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I hate not being able to see the calories on a menu, but very few places show you - McDonalds does, but obviously I don't go there very often!

If a fast food restaurant can tell you their calories, why can restaurants that presumably have healthier options not do the same?

Wetherspoons pubs are good for calories on the menu, but few other places are. When I'm out for a meal I just aim for the healthiest looking thing on the menu that I think I'll like enough to enjoy - can't record it, but at least I know I tried my best.