so disappointed..

Options
i was trying to stay away from the sweets but i broke down and had the 9 kisses hugs (one serving) and i feel horrible, well, more like guilty... *sigh* i guess this is more of a confession...

Replies

• oodesireoo
    Options
    i was trying to stay away from the sweets but i broke down and had the 9 kisses hugs (one serving) and i feel horrible, well, more like guilty... *sigh* i guess this is more of a confession...
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    As I've learned over the past year plus and 50 lbs later.......tomorrow is a new day.

It will work out.:flowerforyou:
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    have you cut out sweets all together? because that will do it for ya. what i mean by that is if you cut out a food completely (i.e. sweets) and deny cravings, then it leads to binges (such as 9 kisses at a time).

if you let yourself have a little every now and then, it makes have too much at once less likely.

and we need to get ourselves out of the mindset that food is something to feel *guilty* about. you overdid it? that's fine. learn from your mistake and move on. tomorrows a new day.

best of luck to you
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    That's okay, you cannot deprive yourself, or you will get down on yourself when you do give in to temptations...next time, allow a couple of kisses into your day as a reward. If you want to have a serving, just figure in your exercise calories into it...IT"S OKAY!!
  • Melobs
    Melobs Posts: 12
    Options
    Depriving yourself is not good either. You will just crave it until it overtakes your mind!! So eating a little every now and then is good. Just to have the tast and cure the craving. If you just have a couple and then set your mind to thinking, since I just had a couple I can have a few more another time!

Good Luck!
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    That's okay, you cannot deprive yourself, or you will get down on yourself when you do give in to temptations...next time, allow a couple of kisses into your day as a reward. If you want to have a serving, just figure in your exercise calories into it...IT"S OKAY!!

That's exactly what I did. As a success story I can honestly say I had MANY days like this. remember....this is not a diet, but a lifestyle. You do bad one day, just do even better the next. This is how we live.:drinker:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Dang, honestly, I think that's some pretty decent will power to stop at 9! I bought a bag of jelly beans and ending up polishing off the entire bag in about 24 hours..hahah...
  • SoupNazi
    Options
    Dang, honestly, I think that's some pretty decent will power to stop at 9! I bought a bag of jelly beans and ending up polishing off the entire bag in about 24 hours..hahah...

You are such a bad influence Grey!:laugh:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options

You are such a bad influence Grey!:laugh:

Yeah, you know me..gotta keep it real! I honestly think a small indulgence once in a while is a good thing. Denying yourself too much can lead to binging later, at least in my experience.
  • swissdutchess
    Options
    sometimes i just give myself the day off and eat more than usual. then i just work hard and stay on top of things for the rest of the week...but i never eliminate things from my life. i have a piece of chocolate and a low fat dessert every night. :)
  • tennetubbie
    tennetubbie Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Ease up on yourself---I had 9 kisses today too but still stayed under my calorie goal ( I also had some dark chocolate after supper).
    Not the end of the world---tomorrow you start fresh again.:flowerforyou:

123504.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    I like hugs and kisses some times it leads to more!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rosered51
    rosered51 Posts: 189
    Options
    Plan for rewarding yourself! Make it on a day when you have a good calorie burning workout and then you won't blow your calories out nor have any need to feel guilty!

Yes I said REWARD...this is hard work and it is a new lifestyle and mindset...skinny people do make poor food choices occasionally, the difference is that it is occasionally and not on a daily basis. Remember all good things can be bad with over indulgence...it is moderation that is the key!

Best of luck!:heart:
  • SoupNazi
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:

Of course.:laugh:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Nothing should be banned! Everything in moderation!!!
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Plan for rewarding yourself! Make it on a day when you have a good calorie burning workout and then you won't blow your calories out nor have any need to feel guilty!

Yes I said REWARD...this is hard work and it is a new lifestyle and mindset...skinny people do make poor food choices occasionally, the difference is that it is occasionally and not on a daily basis. Remember all good things can be bad with over indulgence...it is moderation that is the key!

Best of luck!:heart:

couldn't have said it better myself last week I worked extra time at the gym because I really wanted a bag of mini eggs and I didn't feel at all guilty
  • oodesireoo
    Options

hey! i stared at two bags of kisses and had to put it away because i would have.. tee hee
  • oodesireoo
    Options

yes yes... i agree!! and i'll take bags of those!!! tee hee:love:
  • oodesireoo
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks everyone!!! this is definitely a great site! im so glad i joined!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'd be in the same boat with you if it was those reese's peanut butter eggs....trees....hearts....pumpkins...whatever holiday it is they seem to come out with a new one. They're the devil. SOOOO good!!

I can't buy them because if it's in sight I will eat it!!! :laugh: