Is it possible to lose 10kg in 2 months?

Options
2»

Replies

• Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Losing 10kg in 2 months when your starting weight is 72kg is a lose of almost 15% of your body weight.

This seems like a lot of weight in a short period of time?

Exactly.
  • CindyCountingCalories
    Options

The scale is just a number

So true! I love it when my friends say "you look amazing, you have worked so hard" but not once has anyone said - so how much do you weigh now?!

(And you look fab in your photos Ccrouse!)

Thank you Jodye2926 you've just made my day! :flowerforyou:
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly possible, but it depends on a lot of factors...

... how overweight are you now?

...do you exercise?

...have you grit, determination and will-power in spades?

If you're only 10kg overweight, then it might take longer to lose all of that in 2 months than say if you were 30-50kg overweight (and you certainly don't look that in your profile pic)

But if you've a reason to lose the lbs quickly (and for you it's to get the bikini-bod for your hols) then perhaps a low-carb, protein and veggie-rich diet, do the 30DS or get in a daily workout of some description and keep around the 1000-1200 net mark and it might be possible. but as my namesake just mentioned:
    Losing 10kg in 2 months when your starting weight is 72kg is a lose of almost 15% of your body weight.

This seems like a lot of weight in a short period of time?
    And don't freak out when you come back home from holiday to find you've piled most of the weight back on. It'd be a lot better if you took a slow and steady approach over the coming year than try a crash diet to ditch the weight quickly. imho :smile: