Low cal pizza any recipes?

Options
lizzue
lizzue Posts: 276 Member
Hi all.

Just wondered if anyone had any quick and very simple pizza base recipes?

Cheers,
Lizzie x

Replies

• mjok31
    mjok31 Posts: 84
    Options
    Hi~ We make homemade pizza using flatout flatbread or whole grain tortillias. We bake the "crust" on its own at 400 for 5 mins. Then top with sauce and lots of veggies and lowfat cheese. Bake till melty and browned. Super easy and good! The pizza really fills you up...I can't eat all of it. Our pizzas average out to be right around 400 to 450 cal....way better then ordering one out! Hope this helps!
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I make home made whole wheat dough then top with all kinds of veggies, cheese and sauce. Keeps me in the 350 range eating three slices.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I make mini pizzas using portabello mushroom caps. Bake 'em for 8 minutes, then take 'em out & add the sauce, spices, toppings & cheese & pop it back in 'til the cheese is all melted. Easy, low-carb & low calorie (depending on the toppings you use, of course).
  • mad4beinhere
    mad4beinhere Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Mushroom cups sound yummy
  • horsiegall
    Options
    Try this, we make grilled cheese pizza, we use 40 cal wheat bread low fat mozz slice cheese put what ever else u like (pep, mush, ect...) grill it and use the sauce for dippn
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I use a high fiber burrito sized tortilla (173 calories, 5 g fiber in each one- it's Verole' brand if you can find them)

Top with tomato sauce, every veggie I desire, sometimes turkey pepperoni or some lean browned ground beef (or both!) then sprinkle with low fat or fat free mozarella cheese and some parmesan cheese, bake - and YUMMO.... a HUGE, thin crust, super filling pizza all for me (or to share) and I've never had it add up to more than 500 calories total - often less depending on what's I've put on it- and almost no fat either!

Delicious too!
    :happy:
  • jasonnjamer
    jasonnjamer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I always use flatout wraps for the crust. Our favorite is bbq chicken pizza. Its so good and healthy to. Mix pizza sauce with bbq sauce and spread on wrap. then mix bbq sauce with chicken and add to pizza with your fav toppings.
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Pizza, I love pizza! Here are some of my go to's

Portabella mushroom cap pizza (I don't miss the crust at all..low cal and filling)

tortilla pizza (tortilla of choice and toppings)

flat out pizza(tortilla of choice and toppings)

biscuits pizza(use storebought biscuits flatten out and make pizza..good portion control too)

Naan bread pizza(use frozen Naan bread and make pizza of your choice depending on toppings around 350-400 for whole thing) still, better than takeout..portion control and good!

Pita pizza(use arnolds pocket bread 200 cal for whle thing) add sauce and toppings

Friend me if you'd like...Enjoy

My fav's are portabella pizza and naan pizza.. like, who doesn't LOVE pizza?
  • BiggGrizz
    BiggGrizz Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Flatouts or Whole Wheat Tortillas prebaked in oven to crisp and then topped with whatever toppings you fell you like. I also use Thomas Whole Grain English Muffins pre toasted and loaded up with whatever the boys want to put on theirs.