Ok.... who besides me spends more time on MFP then facebook

Options
Steffi330
Steffi330 Posts: 110 Member
I love the friends I have met on here.... I find myself drawn to the people here then the friends on my facebook pages! I find that I can be completely honest about myself here bc no one here will judge me bc I'm heavier then everyone else! We all have the same goal whether we are losing 100+ pounds, 50 pounds or 10 pounds! Every pound is just as hard to lose. No matter how many you have to lose. We can do this!!! MFP helps in so many ways!!! Thanks for being my friends and keeping me accountable and cheering me on or encouraging me when needed! MFP friends make it really hard to give up! We got this!!!

Replies

• Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Me! Mainly because I never spent time on Facebook. :D
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Me!! I very seldom even go onto FB anymore. I need to, thats how I keep up with family that lives far away, but I enjoy MFP so much more!!!!!
  • penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    about 50/50 I'd say. but I wish that this site was more like FB. I use the mobile app mostly, and find it difficult to track threads of comments on MFP if I go back on after being at work, whereas, FB will tell me when someone has commented on a status that I have commented on. Maybe this years the developers will get the hint! oh and a spellcheck or autocorrect!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Me! I am not on Facebook :wink:
  • Chaquilas
    Chaquilas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Im starting to and I love it. I am able to receive help here and give it. Facebook is like junk food, its fun but is it really helpful?
  • campbellcjdm
    Options
    Im starting to and I love it. I am able to receive help here and give it. Facebook is like junk food, its fun but is it really helpful?

too funny - never thought of it like that (MFP=healthy, FB=junk food) LOL
    Great perspective !!!
    :laugh:
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Me! I am not on Facebook :wink:

Me neither
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Facebook account......
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I like that there is always someone around the world going through the same and you can bounce ideas off on this site.
    Once I've checked people's stati on FB that's it, but on here you can spend hours going through forums or tracking stuff and seeing what it gives ya etc!
    I love getting a WTG and some motivation from here, never get that from FB. And I'm totally honest on here. When I'm down or put on a lb, it goes on here and when I'm really happy about losing a lb or NSV everyone cheers for me on here. I don't get that on FB
  • nalfavi
    nalfavi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I do! I mainly go onto FB now just to play Words with Friends, and that takes maybe 10 minutes, then I'm off again.
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I love this site so much more. I dont log on FB that much now. I find people on here are more cool and fun.
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Hand in the air!
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    /raising hand/
  • African_Goddess
    Options
    I gave up my facebook about 4 months ago for MFP and im never going back.:smile:
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Yup, definitely more time spent here. Love this site.

xo

Amber
  • Dustinryan24
    Dustinryan24 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i almost deleted my fb
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I spend more time here too!
  • shasha_84
    shasha_84 Posts: 170
    Options
    Me! Facebook is too much damn drama all the time
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm on here way more than I was ever on Facebook, over the holidays I pared down my friends list over on Facebook, I didn't really need 20 people on there from highschool that we didn't have the time to talk to each other during school and have maybe run into one another twice in the 14 years since school. It's trimmed down to a few key friends and family that is from coast to coast.
    So much better now that I've trimmed the ones that always do the "status updates" IE "I'm deciding what to have for dinner" I'm taking out what I decided on... I'm cooking dinner ... I'm eating dinner.... I'm walking the dog after dinner... who cares you are NOT that important that you need to spam my news feed endlessly.

Oh and... please don't go with auto-correct, the red squiggly line under misspelled words is plenty.. auto-correct isn't intuitive enough to select the word I'm actually trying to use...
    example from the other night ""Did you mean: what is "nutritional info" of a home butchered human" came up when I misspelled HAM... cripes " I was trying to find the sodium levels for some ham that was done at a butcher shop rather than what is at the grocery store loaded with salt...

I also don't link this to facebook, this handle is a unique to me identifier only used here, the profile pic here is not used elsewhere, every site I belong to there is a unique username. It's kind of scary how much personal info can be pieced together from the sites you frequent :)
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    99% more time on MFP than Facebook for me. :)