it can be soo easy to want to give up!!!

Options
Today marks day 7 of really counting my calories, working out, and drinking only water! Even though I said I wouldnt, I weighed in this morning and I had GAINED!!!!:sad: I thought to myself really???? how?? Even though it would be sooo easy just to give up and drink a Dr. Pepper, I have come this far without doing so, and I have made a commitment to my self!!! THis is going to be difficult but with hard work and dedication I WILL reach my goal!!:smile:

Replies

• Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    you can do this and we can help.
  • insights2
    insights2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me! I've been under my calories (just barely) and have exercised, but what loss I have showing on my ticker is from before the holidays! I just started logging and being serious about this last week, so I was hoping for a significant loss....
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,569 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/350212--why-scales-lie?hl=why+scales+lie&page=1#posts-4730712

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Same thing happen to me. I got a trainer and gained like 10lbs. Keep doing what you're doing and it'll pay off.. Patience is the key..
  • Did you measure yourself? I can go a while without the scale changing only to see that cm are disappearing! That keeps me motivated when the scale doesn't.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    have you got a specific goal? like to fit a certain size? get an outfit in that size and hang it up in your bedroom or try it on from time to time to see how close you are (depending on how much you got to lose!)

I found it exhausting when I first started but can now exercise a little everyday... losing the weight to reduce my back pain and stay independent is my motivation. write it down if it helps and stick it on a notice board or front of fridge so you see it everyday!

even if scales fluctuate record it and watch the numbers go down.. when I started I'd get between 12st 7 and 12st 13 some days, now even when my scales won't behave the numbers are between 9st 13 and 10st 8! .. I'm hoping to see the 9st numbers more often and the 10st ones less in the next few months!!! :laugh:
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 25lbs by july. I hope to lose about 5lbs a month. My ultimate goal is to complete p90x several times this year and to begin p90x2 this time next year
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay under your calorie goal, you will drop the weight. In the grand scheme of things, a week is nothing, right? :)
  • candykay0605
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/350212--why-scales-lie?hl=why+scales+lie&page=1#posts-4730712

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Thanks that makes lots of sense. I drink TONS of water but i do need to decrease my sodium intake by a lot!!!! Thank you for the information.
  • Yolanda_85
    Yolanda_85 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Aww now, don't give up. Think of how far you've come, not how far you have to go. Keep a positive attitude, you'll get there. :flowerforyou:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If you just started working out you may be retaining water and nothing more. Could it be possible that you're compensating for the loss of Dr Pepper with extra snacking? If so make sure you accurately log everything. And be patient, these things take time.
  • candykay0605
    Options
    the only snacks i eat are things such as apples and grape fruit. Even with those i maintain my daily allowance for calories :)