Traveling for work

I've been making some super progress here with MFP since I started on December 16th. Now comes my first huge challenge.
Next Tuesday I'm off to Las Vegas on business to the Consumer Electronics Show. Then I Friday I fly to Phoenix and will be there for work for a little over 2 weeks, all the time on a very generous expense account.

In the past, I've always eaten poorly and had way too many alcoholic beverages while traveling. My rational was, "hey I'm being inconvenienced... so why not live it up."

On this trip my intention is to work out in the mornings and then eat sensibly. I must say though, I am a little nervous.

How hard has it been for people to keep track of food portions while eating out? Obviously I won't have a food scale with me, so do I just guess?

Replies

• Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    I live on the road so this is something I deal with constantly. The thing to do is know what restaurants you'll be going to before hand and check out their menus. If you know what they serve you can plan your meals much easier.
  • uboom
    uboom Posts: 69 Member
    Eat like a cyclist. Always have a healthy food bar or something to keep you satisfied. It's when you get hungry when your traveling that you give in to the bad foods.