Weight Watchers Accountability Thread

Options
I am on day 6 of doing ww on my own and am very much in need of a "support group". I don't want to pay for meetings so here I am. inviting anyone who is following weight watchers to come here and post weigh-ins, points consumed, recipes etc. I have all of the tools to be successful, I just lack the ambition and motivation to actually make myself stick to it and do. My thought is, if I put it out there and tell myself people are watching, I'll stick to it. Even if no one else joins me, I'm committing to coming back here every day to keep myself accountable to actually doing this until it becomes a habit.

Here are my stats:

height: 5'5"
start :159.8

Here are my goals:

goal: 128
water: 8-10 cups/day
exercise: 30 minutes/day of anything I can do at home... walk away the pounds videos, treadmill, 30 day shred

Replies

• formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Don't know if I can help. I was on Weight Watchers online until six or so weeks ago. I don't have any written materials, but I should remember enough if the program to be of some assistance. If you want, add me as a friend.

Did you know that even if you're not a member, you can access WW's message boards for support and advice? Just don't ask for points values. That is forbidden.
    :smile:
  • annemarie198031
    Options
    I'm an ex weight watcher member as well, i still know the plan quite well as well so if you want add me and I will try to help if I can x
  • outofideaz
    Options
    tomorrow is weigh in day for me. I'll take anything as long as it's a loss. fingers crossed.
  • Osu2k1
    Osu2k1 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am a WW member, but I don't count points. :smile: I weigh in tomorrow as well. I am looking for a big loss, so I am excited about weighing in. Even though I had pizza for dinner tonight. :grumble:
  • outofideaz
    Options
    So, there was no loss this morning but not a surprise. I have a digestive issue that decided to flare up and AF picked now to visit. The upside is that, at least there was no gain either. I guess I'll take a maintain for now and try again next Monday.
  • outofideaz
    Options
    For anyone out there who actually has a handle on this, are you sticking to the 5 servings of f&v's/day? If so, what tricks are you using to be sure you get them all in?
  • Osu2k1
    Osu2k1 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with the F&V. But I am trying. I have a box of clementines that I am eating. It helps. :smile:

I did weigh in today and hit 50 lb lost, and I got my charm! Very happy!

Keep up though! You know the reasons you didn't loose. So next week will be much better! Just stick to the plan. :happy:
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I did a similar thing for a bit, and, the trick I found was incorperate veggies in everything. Morning eggs, stir fry, etc. Literally replace carbs with veggies. Instead of chicken and rice, it'd be a chicken salad.
  • outofideaz
    Options
    I have a hard time with the F&V. But I am trying. I have a box of clementines that I am eating. It helps. :smile:

I did weigh in today and hit 50 lb lost, and I got my charm! Very happy!

Keep up though! You know the reasons you didn't loose. So next week will be much better! Just stick to the plan. :happy:

50lbs ?!? That's awesome! Sorry I'm just now getting to reply. I am recovering from a 3 day total collapse this weekend and planning to start fresh tomorrow. Here's hoping I'll be able to stay on track for the next 3 months to meet meet my goal by Victoria Day.
  • outofideaz
    Options
    I did a similar thing for a bit, and, the trick I found was incorperate veggies in everything. Morning eggs, stir fry, etc. Literally replace carbs with veggies. Instead of chicken and rice, it'd be a chicken salad.

That's a good idea. I'm acutally leaning toward becoming a vegetarian... and a half-hearted vegan so I'm slowly getting better at the veggie/fruit thing.
  • outofideaz
    Options
    I don't care if I'm the only one posting here. I need a place where I can come to hold myself accountable to my goals and I plan to come here each day to report in on how I did.

30 min treadmill walk this morning.
    hoping for a 20 min iPod bootcamp session tonight.
  • outofideaz
    Options
    This week has been rough and I hate to say it but I haven't bothered to count points for the last 2 days. I'm going to pick myself up and dust myself off for tomorrow. I'm aiming for a 20 min iPod bootcamp session tonight. I missed it Tuesday and yesterday was a crazy birthday day so, tonight it is.
  • tinkerbell42381
    tinkerbell42381 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 of doing ww on my own and am very much in need of a "support group". I don't want to pay for meetings so here I am. inviting anyone who is following weight watchers to come here and post weigh-ins, points consumed, recipes etc. I have all of the tools to be successful, I just lack the ambition and motivation to actually make myself stick to it and do. My thought is, if I put it out there and tell myself people are watching, I'll stick to it. Even if no one else joins me, I'm committing to coming back here every day to keep myself accountable to actually doing this until it becomes a habit.

Here are my stats:

Here are my goals:

exercise: 30 minutes/day of anything I can do at home... walk away the pounds videos, treadmill, 30 day shred

I noticed that your point goal is only 21. Is that according to the old points system? I've been doing pretty well with the new program, points plus, and the minimum points anyone should have is 26 per day. Just wondering, bc if you don't have enough calories per day, your body will go into starvation mode and it will be counterproductive to your weight loss.
  • tinkerbell42381
    Options
    For anyone out there who actually has a handle on this, are you sticking to the 5 servings of f&v's/day? If so, what tricks are you using to be sure you get them all in?

Smoothies are a great way to get in fruits and veggies...plus they taste yummy :wink:
  • msierk
    msierk Posts: 3
    Options
    Hiya! I used to do weight watchers and would've again but didn't want to spend money as well! This app has been great - even though in the three weeks I've been here I haven't lost any weight - I think it's a mental block more than anything else. I haven't been good about the diet part but I'm a machine when it comes to exercising! Especially seeing the calories get added back on - that's a HUGE motivator!
    I'm also 5'5 and I'm 35 years old. I currently weight 138.4 and my goal is also 128. Let's see what happens!
  • AprilOneFourFour
    AprilOneFourFour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Are there any fruit and veg that you like?
    What are your favourite meals?
    I do WW because I like to get weighed by someone. The plan does work for me, but I like salad, fruit and veg and cooking, and my other half does too - that makes it a great deal easier.
  • tinkerbell42381
    Options
    Hiya! I used to do weight watchers and would've again but didn't want to spend money as well! This app has been great - even though in the three weeks I've been here I haven't lost any weight - I think it's a mental block more than anything else. I haven't been good about the diet part but I'm a machine when it comes to exercising! Especially seeing the calories get added back on - that's a HUGE motivator!
    I'm also 5'5 and I'm 35 years old. I currently weight 138.4 and my goal is also 128. Let's see what happens!

Hahaha, I'm the complete opposite - I'm really good at watching what I eat, but I am so bad at sticking to an exercise routine...especially in the winter!
  • outofideaz
    Options

Here are my stats:

Here are my goals:

I noticed that your point goal is only 21. Is that according to the old points system? I've been doing pretty well with the new program, points plus, and the minimum points anyone should have is 26 per day. Just wondering, bc if you don't have enough calories per day, your body will go into starvation mode and it will be counterproductive to your weight loss.

Yes, 21 pts is my allotment according to the old plan. My neighbour gave me her materials about 5 years ago and I followed it on my own to get back to my pre-baby weight after my daughter was born. It's what I have and I know it works for me so I'm just going to stick with it.
  • outofideaz
    Options

That's great that you are so dedicated to exercise. I find that I'm all or nothing. I feel like exercise isn't worth it if I'm not eating properly and vice versa. I know it's not a good attitude to have but that's a mindset I can't shake.
  • outofideaz
    Options
    Are there any fruit and veg that you like?
    What are your favourite meals?
    I do WW because I like to get weighed by someone. The plan does work for me, but I like salad, fruit and veg and cooking, and my other half does too - that makes it a great deal easier.

I love both fruits and veggies. My problem is that I'm such a creature of habit, I easily get stuck in ruts and I'm just looking for ways to mix it up. I eat a lot of plain fresh fruits and veggies as snacks between meals and I have gotten into a fruit smoothy rut for breakfast. I'm just looking for new ideas.