Delicious Breakfast Smoothies!

Options
Hi guys :)
I'm looking for tried & tested breakfast smoothie ideas ranging between 300-400cals with protein in the mix! I've been experimenting myself, but would like to see if anyone has new & creative ideas to inspire me.
Thanks a million & feel free to add me!

Replies

• SouLThinking
    SouLThinking Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I buy several different kinds of frozen fruit from walmart. They have a big bag of frozen fruit it's strawberries, peach , mango and pineapple. There is also plain no sugar added sliced strawberries. Most recently I found dark sweet cherries by dole.

Ok I buy Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Milk (It's in a carton and has a 40 on the front) It's only 40 calories per cup and 2 carbs.

I take one cup of almond milk throw it in my blender and I add some ice or not depending on if I want it icy or if I just want it smooth. I then add a cup of the above mentioned fruit one of the 3 ...depending on my taste buds that day. I hit my frappe button or blend or whatever you got and it's soo good!

I add protein powder sometimes and I also add sugar free flavorings sometimes.

This comes in at less than 200 calories or 300 with protein powder.
    You can use less fruit for lower calories.
    I've used 3/4 cup of the cherries and it's delish.

You can also use a lower sugar juice instead of the almond milk for a less creamy smoothie.
  • LisaGamerGirl
    Options
    thanks so much! :)
  • kad76
    kad76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I make smoothies and I love green smoothies. depending on my mood I use kale and/or spinach, avocado, a little non dairy milk, and fruit, fresh or frozen. The fruit depends on my mood and what I have on hand. If I don't have an avocado I use banana. My smoothies are always creamy and filling. You can't even taste the greens and with them the smoothie is high in fiber and filling. The avocado adds good fat and protein. You can use dairy milk if you want. i'm not sure on the calories. I hope this helps you :smile:
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I buy several different kinds of frozen fruit from walmart. They have a big bag of frozen fruit it's strawberries, peach , mango and pineapple. There is also plain no sugar added sliced strawberries. Most recently I found dark sweet cherries by dole.

Ok I buy Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Milk (It's in a carton and has a 40 on the front) It's only 40 calories per cup and 2 carbs.

I take one cup of almond milk throw it in my blender and I add some ice or not depending on if I want it icy or if I just want it smooth. I then add a cup of the above mentioned fruit one of the 3 ...depending on my taste buds that day. I hit my frappe button or blend or whatever you got and it's soo good!

I add protein powder sometimes and I also add sugar free flavorings sometimes.

This comes in at less than 200 calories or 300 with protein powder.
    You can use less fruit for lower calories.
    I've used 3/4 cup of the cherries and it's delish.

You can also use a lower sugar juice instead of the almond milk for a less creamy smoothie.
    Sounds delicious--I need to try. Thanks!
  • Vjb2525
    Vjb2525 Posts: 67
    Options
    This smoothie is only 227 calories, but here it is:

1 scoop of Slim Fast 3-2-1 plan french vanilla powder mix. (packed w/ 127 calories, 5g protein, and 23g carbs)
    1 cup of Great Value frozen unsweetened berry medley fruit (packed w/ 20 calories, 5g carbs)
    1 cup of Hiland skim milk (packed with 80 calories, 8g protein, and 11g carbs)
    blend for 1 minute...

All of which can be found at Wal-Mart.

**** And I add 1-2 tbs of cold-pressed organic flaxseed oil to the smoothie after it has been blended. This oil helps with belly fat and does not change the flavor of the smoothie.