What do You Think of.......?????

What do you all think of, or use as inspiration/motivation to prevent a binge?

Im fighting one all day, and Im using a new technique I "created" the other day!!

I saved some notes into the notepad on my Iphone, and keep reading it over and over when Im trying to convince myself it "would be ok to go on a binge/will be ok to go and stuff my face as tomorrow is a new day etc etc"

I have things random things written, and I find reading it is really helpful!

I have different Headings over some of the sentences ie:

The Last Time I binged I felt: Disgusting, Depressed, Regretful..I felt Id undone all my hard work.

When I feel Slim I feel: Happy, I fit in, my clothes fit, I can go out with friends and be comfortable

Health: THink of the Cellulite! Think of all the hard work Ive put into excercise...its all for nothing if I go on a binge

Ive loads of other things, these are just an example...just wondering if any of you have any similar or anything you do?

Replies

• Whenever I think "I'll just have this one cookie", I remind myself I will have to go run a mile just to work it off. I compare food to workout times or certain exercises.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    I don't have binging problem but when I started my diet I decided if I wanted to eat any treats that were higher in cal like have a chocolate brownie I had to 'earn it' and exercise extra that day. If I want a couple of brandies I have to burn 1,000 extra calories.

It helped me stick to 1200 and exercise off anything extra I wanted, so I was still left with a deficit to lose.
  • dreamtoned10
    dreamtoned10 Posts: 163 Member
    Wow I wish I could think rationally when a binge comes on!!!! But these are all things to add to my notepad!!!
  • derposaurus
    derposaurus Posts: 53 Member
    i really wanted to go get a sundae. and for a moment all this helped. but now the sundae desire is taking over ahhhh. logic why can't you ever win over appetite? dammit.