Words of advice to the Newbies

Options
2»

Replies

• ClarkAddison
    ClarkAddison Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    "Now here's the thing. I'm also a hypocrite. I started this weighing myself every day, multiple times a day. But I did it to notice where my natural fluctuations are, and to not let myself freak out about a little up, or get too cocky about a little down. If you can manage not to freak out, do it. It's kind of fascinating. But if you get obsessive, don't look at the stupid thing. Just trust me: up 2 to 5 pounds during the day. Stall or even up for about a half a week before a precipitous drop. And sort of a 4-week repeat of good weight loss, average weight loss, not much or a little up, and then back again. You figure your own body out."

My wife thinks I'm crazy because I way myself at night before bed and in the morning when I wake up. I tell her I weigh in at night to know how much I'll weigh in the morning. In the morning I say "see, I was right." In actuality, the quote above fits how I was thinking. I am fascinated by the ups and downs and it helps me be less crazy by understanding it.
  • Shoechick5
    Shoechick5 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post, thanks for sharing
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    That is a great post and excellent additions to it.

Thanks for sharing.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Lovely and sage advice.

Also, you said:
    in your unders

that that makes you beyond cool
  • aerdna88
    aerdna88 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this!!
  • steffers628
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to write this :)
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I'm not a newbie, but I really appreciate your post. :flowerforyou:

It's sad that I usually do really poorly on my own, but once I'm in a contest.... watch out!
    I think I will look for another contest to enter while I'm in school this semester. I usually gain weight while I'm taking classes. Maybe I should join one that's close to school (about 30 minutes from home) so that I meet new people and add to my support system. Hmmm.....
  • gj4man
    gj4man Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bookmark
  • kelliemackey36
    Options
    Thanks, I really love the piece about it not being a number but how you feel. What we want must be realistic and healthy. Your pics are fab. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.:smooched: :drinker:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
  • JaneDoughSanAntonio
    Options
    Thank you so much for the great advice! I've got a long way to go, and it's nice to know I'm doing a lot of things right already :-)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this just b/c I think it's one of the best threads with advice to Newbies that I have seen. Well done.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    This is a wonderful post. Thank you so much for posting it. I have been slowly coming to many of your realizations and seeing it so well put, solidified what I've been thinking - just bought The New Rules of Lifting for Women and cannot wait to be a sexy beast :happy:
    You write beautifully.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    bump
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    Awesome AWESOME post!! Very well said!
    Nothing else to say! :flowerforyou:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member