Some help please. I need advice.

Options
So I bought a MIO watch to count calories and I did my workout and I only burned 151.. and so if i do that everyday im still no where close enough to lose a pound…

I thinking about starting running or swimming for an hour. What do you guys think?

or any other workout that burns 500?

Replies

• Venus2011
    Options
    Find exercises that you will enjoy. Since don't know what type fo exercise you were doing, hard to say. Try increasing the amount of time you spend exercise. And also exercise at least 3-5t times a week,
  • gonzalezmona
    gonzalezmona Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Don't forget the reduction in your daily caloric intake....that PLUS your workouts....even if you don't lose a pound a week, your average may be a pound a week. Like Venus suggested, increasing your workout duration will definately increase your caloric burn as well as increasing the number of times you workout. :) Good luck!!
  • conniie
    conniie Posts: 119
    Options
    Well I'm eating 1.500 right now. I do like swimming, running and and walking.
  • ladyhawkgg
    Options
    Try Zumba that is lots of fun. Went a few times with my daughter and I loved it. She goes 3 times a wk and doing real well with it.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    So I bought a MIO watch to count calories and I did my workout and I only burned 151.. and so if i do that everyday im still no where close enough to lose a pound…

I thinking about starting running or swimming for an hour. What do you guys think?

or any other workout that burns 500?

You don't provide enough info to really help.

Calories burned depends on how much of an effort it was for you, so pretty individual, unless you happen to fit the tables and averages that are used for calculations.
    Otherwise HR during the whole effort is the most accurate way to calculate, and gets more accurate if HR monitor asks for age, weight, sex.

Also, MIO makes a pedometer watch, HR monitor, and HR watch where you touch it to get HR.
    Obviously some there more accurate than others.

So what workout did you do, how long did you do it, how hard was your effort as in avg heart rate, ect?