Okay WTF

Options
13»

Replies

• dani0626_diary
    dani0626_diary Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I felt better after my temper tantrum. I got so pissed because when I do other "fad diets" like the 17 day diet, or no sugar, I lose like crazy BUT of course I am not able to sustain. Like everyone else said, it is a lifestyle change, therefore I have committed to do it the right way. I just was beside myself this time since it was the first time I did all the prescribed "right" stuff. I laughed because i thought "dang did I hit my plateau BEFORE i even got started". But after reading all these responses, I feel much better and encouraged.
  • dani0626_diary
    Options
    Feel free to borrow it.... I love it too... I believe it because when I was in the Army and in great shape, I never did break a sweat!!! Now that I gained 95 lbs, I sweat alot when I work out. LOL!!
  • dani0626_diary
    Options
    Everything to include, weighed and measured all food, worked out (2 zumba classes, 1 abs class, 1 brisk dog walk, 1 step class), drank approx 96oz water daily, watched sodium intake, no simple carbs.....
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You lost almost a pound. Why not be proud of that?
  • dani0626_diary
    Options
    Thank you very much....
  • dani0626_diary
    Options
    Awesome, Thanks....:happy:
  • JodyWoo
    JodyWoo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    .8lbs is a LOSS!!! When I got started exercising again, I was doing lots of dumbbell exercises and crunches to try and tighten things back up... I gained three pounds. I'm already losing it again, just have to give the body some time to work it all out!

A loss is amazing, so congratulations on your hard work starting to show you some of the wonderful progress you've made.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I hate to tell you this, but almost a pound in a week is really good. If you're looking to lose weight faster, you're in for a big surprise. If you are losing in a healthy way, and you are going to keep it off, it will take MUCH longer than a few weeks.
  • AmandaB2229
    Options
    When I first started, my second month weigh in, I gained 3lbs...it was definatley frustrating, but this time I didn't let it get the best of me and I am now down 74lbs. I've been at this for almost 3 years, and it's been soooooooooo worth it! Keep working hard and it WILL pay off!
  • dani0626_diary
    Options
    .8 is almost a pound, that's not a bad loss at all! Also.... I have had weeks on end when the SCALE didn't move.... 5-6 weeks at a time as a matter of fact... but, I knew what I was doing was healthy either way... eating good foods and exercising my body... so I kept going... even let someone talk me into eating MORE calories, which I did not want to do because I was scared to death that I'd gain since I wasn't losing at the calorie count I was at... but figured I'd give it a shot at that point... and things starting moving again... this isn't a quick fix... you will have good weeks, bad weeks and hopefully some great weeks thrown in... all added up equal... life... Just keep going... and as stated above... let us know where you are in 3 months ;) You've got this girl, don't quit!
  • dani0626_diary
    Options
    Such an awesome resonse. Thank you