S.B.F. Challenge. . . March 6

Options
Morning, pebbles.

So, just out of curiosity, I got on the scale this morning. Then, I put the scale in the recycling bin. It said I was up three pounds. But, three pounds of what? It's been acting weird lately (like I've tried to weigh my cats and it doesn't register the difference when I pick them up.) So, I'm pronouncing it dead. Later, I'm getting out the tape measure and charting any further progress that way. I also killed my ticker, because I'm tired of A: being identified by how much weight I've lost, and B: focusing on a number. I'm writing all this down to keep myself in logic land, because I frankly feel like crying.

Today, I'm going to the gym for cardio and upper body.

Take care of yourselves.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning, pebbles.

So, just out of curiosity, I got on the scale this morning. Then, I put the scale in the recycling bin. It said I was up three pounds. But, three pounds of what? It's been acting weird lately (like I've tried to weigh my cats and it doesn't register the difference when I pick them up.) So, I'm pronouncing it dead. Later, I'm getting out the tape measure and charting any further progress that way. I also killed my ticker, because I'm tired of A: being identified by how much weight I've lost, and B: focusing on a number. I'm writing all this down to keep myself in logic land, because I frankly feel like crying.

Today, I'm going to the gym for cardio and upper body.

Take care of yourselves.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Vivia,
    Don't be discouraged. You are working so hard, so I know it's not for lack of trying! You are an inspiration to me because you have stuck it out even when the scale is not going the right direction. I don't blame you for taking your ticker off. I will support you in it by taking mine off. I am sick of looking at it. There are some days (most days) that I am tired of fighting this battle, and I wonder if it does any good. I am not really over weight, but I am not where I want to be. Is it worth the obsession? Do I really want to fight this everyday of my life? I wish I could just accept myself the way that I am and forget this whole weight thing. Thank you media and the rest of the world for putting it in our heads that we are fat, if we are not a size 2 or 4!
    Okay, I'm done.
    All that being said, I am going to try harder. :laugh: My upper back is messed up still. I am going stretch and see if that will help. Bible Study was canceled this morning due to the flu in the pastor's household. So I can probably get a walk in. And I am going to log today.
    Oh and I got part of my hormone test results back. My progesterone is fine, which totally threw me. They screwed up the estrogen test so I have go give them more blood today and wait another 3 weeks. I'm sure it's fine. Honestly I was hoping to find something wrong with me. I don't know why I am bleeding in between periods. It's very annoying! And I am annoyed I have to go back in to give them blood again.
    I need to get breakfast. Have a blessed Friday!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I took my ticker off a long time ago. It was a constant reminder that I was not making "progress". I don't mind weighing myself occasionally, but I compare my home scale with those at the gym (no scale has control over me!). I will probably weigh in Sunday morning, though the ride on Saturday could mess it up.

I went to an Iyengar class yesterday. The jury is still out on the teacher. We did some hard poses (handstand and splits), but I don't think it was a challenging class. I really liked the fact that she turned the lights on at the beginning of class and didn't play music. I've stopped playing music in my classes. I think we are constantly bombarded with noise (especially televisions, but that's a different rant), and we need to learn to be quiet.

Also went for a 30 minute walk. May do the same thing today, but that's all the exercise I'm allowed. :laugh:

Happy Flappies!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I just got back from the gym (upper body and cardio).

Here's my pledge to you guys. . .I'm focusing on the name of this challenge from here on out. We named it "stronger better faster" not "skinnier" for a good reason.

So, frankly, the scale can kiss my patootie. (As my grandma would say.) I'm focusing on the benefits of living well: the fact that I can bench press 50 pounds. . .my knees hardly ever hurt anymore and I have energy.

If I continue to push in my workouts, I might get smaller. I might get firmer, but I know I can get stronger, better and faster.:wink: