weirdest thing youve seen logged as exercise?

Options

Replies

• BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Cleaning. To me that is just part of everyday life- not an exercise!

I don't generally go on 3 hour cleaning kicks every day...So when I do I log it...
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    My favorite are the people that try to say they did a certain activity for 500+ minutes... Don't even get me started on the other ones that bother me...
  • michelle225
    michelle225 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    A couple of days ago, I saw someone posted brushing their teeth- 25 calories. Really??!! Brushing teeth??

LOL There is no way brushing teeth burns that many calories! I bet that person also wonders why they aren't losing weight.
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am gettting a great laugh from these thanks guys.

Maybe I should log this- laughing at posts on the thread. must be worth a few calories
    pmsl
  • moniquelessard
    Options
    Cleaning. To me that is just part of everyday life- not an exercise!

so is sex...for me... lol
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    cleaning, laundry, preparing food, grocery shopping, carrying laundry basket upstairs, sooooooooooooooooo many stupid ones
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Was talking about sex as exercise the other day with friends, we reckon one of us with a heart rate monitor needs to see how many it actually burns!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i dont deep clean every day, so one day i wore my heart rate monitor while cleaning the upstairs and downstairs of my apartment. folding laundry, scrubbing floors etc. it was over 3x what mfp said for cleaning. sweat dripping off and all. good to know, but i dont eat back all of the calories when i clean once a week.
  • boneyEm
    boneyEm Posts: 34
    Options
    sex is a private act- not all of ur friends need to know what u got up to last night to burn X num of calories. I dont tell my best friend each time i have sex- why would you want to say it on here you dont post on facebook- i feel great after that workout of sex do u
    its inappropiate and sex should be a special time between to people- not excersise you shout about.
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Fishing, Standing On A Bank has to be my favourite "wtf" for 'exercise'
  • Spinach_Brigade
    Options
    Personally, I note as exercise anything that causes me to break a sweat and raise my heart rate.

(The only things that don't count are heatwaves, native sweat-lodges, and anxiety.)

If I'm working hard enough for those signs, it's an effort worth logging. After all, I'm trying to track what I actually take in and put out, not play some strange "this is righteous activity, but this is not" judgemental mind game with myself. Whether an activity is positive or negative to your lifestyle doesn't change how much energy it burns.

Also: if there are people out there who don't consider their sexual activities exercise, I'd like to suggest that perhaps they're doing it wrong. If there's ever a time to show some hustle, it's when you're making love.
  • dipsl19
    dipsl19 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    someone today logged knitting.
    not kidding,.

also one of my friends logs the shake weight... no comment.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    "Driving"
    - really, wtf?? I drive over an hour every single day and I just sit there in traffic.. not burning too much :) unless that person is a nascar driver, I dont think that counts!
    It would if they had a flintstone car! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I log cleaning and cooking, because of my pain level, it's hard for me, and it makes me sweat, and it makes me hurt, and it makes me cry, so I'm going to count that as exercise..

I logged shooting pool the other day, too, but I don't really think that one counted. ;p
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I can't decide which wins as most ridiculous. Seems to me they're calories burned by existing.

Driving
    Gift Wrapping
  • jeni_Giedd
    Options
    i minute of belly dancing and "wood" - hmmm.....
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    A couple of days ago, I saw someone posted brushing their teeth- 25 calories. Really??!! Brushing teeth??

LOL There is no way brushing teeth burns that many calories! I bet that person also wonders why they aren't losing weight.

I wonder how many calories flossing burns. I don't think even my dentist knows... If she did, wouldn't she add that to the lecture on the benefits of flossing?
  • houzkat
    houzkat Posts: 78
    Options
    I totally wore my HRM once during "bedroom time" because my husband thought if he could prove it was a good workout he could convince me to do it 3 times a day. Isn't he precious? Needless to say, I was on top and it was .....I guess vigorous would be the right word. in 19 minutes I only burned 56 calories. My poor husband was so upset. Haha!
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    i minute of belly dancing and "wood" - hmmm.....

Hahahahahaha
  • ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy. Sex calories don't go over the single-digit, haha. Now what do we do? :)