Alison Krauss Fans

Options
knittnponder
knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
My husband LOVES her music but I'm pretty clueless. I'd love to surprise him with a CD but I have no idea which one he'd like. Even though he's been a longtime fan he's never bought any of her stuff. Any CD's a favorite? Are there even any fans on here to help me? :)

Replies

• peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Her live album with Union Station I would say!
  • knittnponder
    Options
    Thank you! There were so many I had no idea where to start!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Forget About It and New Favorite are my favorites of her albums but the live album with Union Station has a great variety - if you think he'd like the live songs.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Yep, "So long, so wrong" is a good one
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    She's amazing. If he likes her, he may like Nickel Creek as well -- she personally trained the female vocalist in that group.

I own their album 'This Side' -- check out the song Green and Gray :)
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    You cannot go wrong with any of them if he doesn't have any. They are all great. I love the older stuff w/Union Station as much as I love her newer stuff.

Random fact...she autographed my fiddle before she became "big time". I was just a young girl watching her with my dad in these little hole in the wall bars in Atl.
  • knittnponder
    Options
    His birthday is coming up, maybe he's just going to get an array of them. He'll be a happy guy!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Nothing random about that! AK signing your fiddle is major coolness in my view:)
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Live w/ Union Station is what I have & love it.
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    She sings like an angel! I love her!:heart: