should i?

Options
i got a bad cold yesterday and didnt feel well enough to exercise. i'm wondering if its better to wait to feel better to exercise or should i atleast walk a couple miles on the treadmill or something. i feel a bit guilty for not working out. i feel a bit better today but who knows how i'll feel after 8 hours of work. thanks for your advice.

Replies

• gemigirl68
    gemigirl68 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i got a bad cold yesterday and didnt feel well enough to exercise. i'm wondering if its better to wait to feel better to exercise or should i atleast walk a couple miles on the treadmill or something. i feel a bit guilty for not working out. i feel a bit better today but who knows how i'll feel after 8 hours of work. thanks for your advice.
  • Mommy2Girls
    Mommy2Girls Posts: 100
    Options
    Only do what you can and what you feel good with. Don't over exert yourself as your body is trying to recover. Start off slow and if you feel good, then increase it.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I would just listen to my body. Try a little something and see how it goes. If you're wiped out - put it off. If not, go for it!

This happened to me on Wednesday and I wasn't even sick. I was on the elliptical and just thought, "I can't do this." So I stopped 10 minutes into it. Some days you just tucker out.
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    The way my trainer said it to me:

When your body is trying to recover from an illness, it needs all it's healing powers to concentrate on that illness. When you work out, your muscles require repair. If you work out when you are sick, your body will not concentrate on healing your illness because it must divide itself between that and the muscle repair.