What dumbbells etc to use?

Options
Hey all!
I've purchased a few Biggest Loser workout DVDs and gave no idea what size hand weights or medicine ball to buy. Any suggestions please? I don't mind buying a few but don't want the house packed out with them really. Just need an idea of what's recommended.
Thanks.

Replies

• LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump. Anyone?
  • drivermarshy
    Options
    hi - im not an expert but have been weight training for 8 months or so. rule of thumb i use is to be able to do 12 reps x 3 sets at a weight high enuff to cause u to feel the burn and not be able to do another rep while still holding form. work up from lighter weights until you find that level then say every week or so try upping the wieght. if u fail to do the 12 reps go back to previous weight for another week x
  • Jo2926
    Jo2926 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    How heavy you need depends how strong you are at the moment - which makes it very difficult to advise. Drivermarshy gave some good advice, and if you have a sport store that sells weights near you then they should let you try out a few various weights.

You can buy adjustable weights so its not too cluttered in the house - you remove the end weights and add how ever many small weights you need, adding more as you get stronger.