Fell off the Wagon :(

Options
Well, I definitely lost sight of my goals and totally fell off. I had such a good thing goin', and I was losing weight at a great pace there for a while. But then, I just lost all motivation to do it. Being unemployed has taken such a toll on me, depressions been sinkin' in and it's hard to get motivated for anything. Does anyone have some clever ideas other than to look svelt? Heheh, I just need to keep a few more prizes at the end of the tunnel for me to keep my eye on, desperately!

Replies

• anvadams
    anvadams Posts: 11
    Options
    Well, I definitely lost sight of my goals and totally fell off. I had such a good thing goin', and I was losing weight at a great pace there for a while. But then, I just lost all motivation to do it. Being unemployed has taken such a toll on me, depressions been sinkin' in and it's hard to get motivated for anything. Does anyone have some clever ideas other than to look svelt? Heheh, I just need to keep a few more prizes at the end of the tunnel for me to keep my eye on, desperately!
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Claw your way back on that wagon!

Exercise fights depression. If you are feeling blue, get in a workout and you will feel better. Um, longer life, better self esteem, feeling good all the way around....ok, the coffee hasn't kicked in yet, so that is all I have for you for now! :flowerforyou:
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    No one is perfect... or so they say. Ha ha.

Look, we all have days like this. Take a look at this post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/32807-make-a-u-turn?hl=uturn&page=1#posts-326879
  • cookydt
    cookydt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Keep on keepin' on! Think how much better you'll feel when you find a new job........your confidence will be much higher! Exercise helps depression too. You can do it!!
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I sympathise with you, I have been off work sick for the past 7 weeks with depression, my doctor has just signed me off again for another month!!!
    I have to force myself to exercise, I find that walking helps, instead of taking the bus or waiting for hubby to come home with the car, I walk to the shops, and then get the bus back, but I don't use my local shop, I tend to use the one in the next town as it means I have to walk for an hour to get there.
    getfit_2009 is sooo right, exercise does help depression, I didn't bother for a few days, and felt really low, then I gave myself a good ole talking to, and started walking everywhere - where possible, and I feel a whole lot better in myself, yeah I'm still depressed, yeah I' still emotional at times, but when I'm out walking, its either just me, or me and my dog, and no one is there to hinder my train of thought - not that I think much when I'm walking :laugh:
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    C'Mon, here's a hand back onto the wagon! You may have lost your job but you haven't lost your Self! OR your path! I know things feel bleak now, but there's something else out there for you and you may as well be at your best when you find it! Take this opportunity to "fine-tune" yourself both inside and out. Find your center.
  • pyckse
    pyckse Posts: 84
    Options
    Never give up, never surrender...I'm another hand to help you get back on the wagon....excercise will definitely help decrease the stress....try to focus on you and move forward.....we're here for you!!!:flowerforyou: