sedentary setting on MFP

So, I set my settings to sedentary because I set at my desk all day and besides the occasional grocery shopping, cooking, or cleaning up a little around the house, I don't do much activity at all. However, I made a commitment a week a go to do at least 30 minutes of exercise a day. Some days I will do more intense cardio (e.g. swimming) and my off days from that will be more low key (e.g. walking, lifting light weights, basic calisthenics). My day is pretty much going to be the same though besides this because I a psychologist and spend most the day sitting, and most the evening also sitting. So do I keep my activity level as sedentary despite the increase in daily exercise?

Replies

• robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    good question.. I keep mine set that way as well..
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I'd say either up your setting or leave it on sedentary and log the exercise. You can't do both though, or MFP will have you eating the calories for the same exercise twice. I like to leave mine on sedentary and add exercise manually because I cannot be counted on to exercise regularly. :)
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Just log the exercise as you do it, and MFP will adjust to allow the extra calories you need to compensate for what's burned.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    I like to keep it at sedentary and add any activity that's out of the norm for me.