OMG boobs have shrunk!

Options
124»

Replies

• dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Yep I had a bra toss out yesterday! I was putting on a bra to go to the grocery yesterday and I could grab a whole bunch of empty cup material. So I tossed those out yesterday. I think I'm going to go with sports bras for a while and hopefully the other areas will catchup with the top part.

My butt has shrunk a bunch too and that really makes me happy since I am pear shaped. Now if my thighs would catchup with my butt!

To the OP: I'm not sure of your age, but since breast cancer has been in your family, I hope you are getting regular mammograms. It runs in my family and my ob/gyn had me start mammos at age 40 every year. So far so good but I'm always glad when I get the results every year and everything is OK.
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo nervous about my bras not fitting anymore, I'm very happy with them at least! Oh well, it is worth the overall health!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    out of interest does anyone know if you're at less risk of breast cancer if you have smaller breasts with not as much fat?

My mum and her sister both had breast cancer (and died from it)... I'm nearly same age my mum was when she got secondary leukemia after having breast cancer the first time.

No, the size of your breasts have nothing to do with your cancer risk. The cancer forms in the actual breast tissue, not in the fat. I had small breasts - still got cancer at age 37.

oh damn.. was hoping there would be some upside to shrinking boobs! Can they do a mammogram if you can't stand?

my doctor gave me a leaflet once about how to examine your own breasts for lumps and I've never had any so far, but when I've seen it on telly the woman is stood in front of a machine with her arms up. I can barely keep my balance hanging onto a walking frame, but doesn't the radiographer have to be behind a screen so there couldn't be anyone standing behind me to hold me up? (I'm a wheelchair user with problems with balance and involuntary movement... keeping absolutely still for long enough would be a challenge too!)