Chocolate Expresso Protein Fluff

Options
gp79
gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
Ack ^^ Espresso...

I just posted this over in the Protein Fluff group but because this was so good I had to pop over here and share this. If you like to make the most out of your calories, and enjoy eating volume without sacrificing taste or wasting your macros just give this stuff a try.

Protein fluff should be put in the same category as peanut butter and bacon.

One disclaimer: It does not work with all protein powders. It's more likely to work with a casein powder than other types although some whey powders to work either on their own or with a small addition of Xanthan Gum. The addition of ice (or frozen berries) is a non-negotiable either. Without it, it's just not going to work.

Chocolate Espresso Fluff

3 Egg whites
1 tsp sugar alternative (2 packets)
1/2 cup Almond milk (I used 40 cal variety)
1 Scoop Myofusion Whey (Milk chocolate flavor)
2 tbsp Hershey's Unsweetened Baking Cocoa Powder
1 tbsp ground coffee/espresso beans or instant coffee works just the same
8 - 9 ice cubes (Ice chips / finely crushed ice - large chunks will make a mess)

Directions..
Combine sugar alternative and egg whites into a mixing bowl
Whip on highest setting for about 2 minutes until stiff peaks
Add protein powder, coffee and almond milk and mix together
Add Ice (and Xanthan Gum if used) and whip on high until it's all fluffy (2 - 7 min probably)
Sit back and enjoy.

Nutritional content will vary based on how much protein powder and egg whites you add, but for the above quantities you'll end up with about 8 cups worth which comes out to under 300 calories, just under 50g protein, 18g carbs and a 2g of fat.

I've tried freezing this and yes it does freeze but it is not like ice cream that you're use too. I prefer it fresh off the mixer. The longer it sits, the more air will release and it will slowly collapse.

Since the question always comes up, you can buy Xanthan Gum in your grocery store where bob's red mill products are found. It's about $8 for a small bag but will last a very long time.

Come join in the fun over at the Protein Fluff group.

Replies