What do you think of froze diet foods?

Options

Replies

• Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I use them and I LIKE them. Healthy Choice and Eating Right brand seem to be in rotation for me. Raleys even has a brand called "Meals to Live" that has low sodium and high protein counts. Do what is best for YOU. As far as taste Eating Right is my favorite brand. I bring them for my lunches. I am a fabulous cook and I cook most nights(I am also the only cook in my house) of the week with fresh veggies and lean meats so I am all for healthy and wholesome meals but I am also a mother who works full time and don't want to prepare EVERYTHING that I consume. For me I need some convenience regarding my meal plans and frozen meals have helped me do that. Moderation is key:bigsmile:
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I use them, they help me monitor my weight and are convenient. Good enough for me. Now start the bashing,please :).

We will be bashed together because I use them as well:flowerforyou:
  • dana815
    Options
    i like the variety n it is easy to grab on the go for lunch when i forgot to prepare mine or for dinner when i dont feel like cooking n the hubby eats pizza, win win LOL! overall yea high n carbs n sodium but calorie intake is good so for me i always keeo a few on hand! i recomend them to ppl who dont have time to cook...but i prefer steamables veggies (frozen veggies r flash frozen n lock in nutrients n keep better than fresh, less preservative chemicals than canned)...and a nice piece of fish lk talapia or salmon....even a small baked or pan cooked chicken breast
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    What do I think? I think they taste better when you heat them up.
  • LilMissFoodie
    LilMissFoodie Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I think they beat the hell out of a frozen pizza or takeaway!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I eat them 2-3 times a week for lunch at work. a lot more economical & quick when you only have a 1/2 hour lunch break. it is definatly not enough food, i usually eat a banana or apple or yogurt with it. like PP said, if you don't have health problems (kidney, high blood pressure, etc) its not that big a deal to eat so much sodium. I wouldnt recommend having them 3 meals a day, 7 days a week, but in a pinch they are fine.

This. I do the same, I drink a ton of water and my other meals for the day are not high in sodium so it has worked for me fine.
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    If I don't have time to make anything else I'll eat them. I don't have a big issue with them.
  • cunninjd
    Options
    The food is not good and too much preservatives (salt). Eat close to the earth (veggies, fruits, meat, etc) and try to avoid processed food if possible!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them. But I am not saying I never have, or never will. If I was in a pinch I would but not as a regular part of my diary.
  • MrsLawsonNavyBrat2B
    Options
    I use lean cuisine but not as my ONLY food option. I usually take them with me to work for lunch. I find that taste wise they are better than the others.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    good in a pinch lots of sodium
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Only on days when I have no other options. Time is always an issue so I spend some time on Sundays figuring out lunches so I don't have to fall back on them.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Gross.

How hard is it to throw a salad together or thaw some frozen leftovers on days you're feeling a time crunch? A little pre-planning can work wonders!
  • Raiderxx
    Raiderxx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Lol. I usually eat them everyday.... :D
  • nymphis
    nymphis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just like other replies, I eat some of the ready meals when I work at the weekends. During the days I am not working, I am only eating fresh meals and/or sandwiches.
  • Chrisandsteph99
    Options
    Well I eat them about 4 days a week. I never go over my sodium and I've lost 35 lbs total . I rather like them.
  • GINAvsGINA
    GINAvsGINA Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love them. Yes they are often loaded with sodium but if you are drinking plenty of water a day this isn't that big of a factor. I have a friend that lost over 90lbs in a year and she ate a lean cuisine, smart one, or lean gourmet almost everyday for lunch and her trainer just advised her to make sure she was drinking plenty of water. In this busy world it is not always easy to "eat fresh" all the time so if you need to have these occasionally because your to busy to cook that is not a problem. Just remember WATER, WATER, WATER!!!
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have one when I am too busy to cook. Like for example, before going to my boyfriends Christmas party, I picked up a broccoli and cheddar lean pocket so I wouldn't have to eat what they had. (thank goodness too. They had nothing but baked goods, cheese and crackers etc.)
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I have a couple, too, in my freezer to use when I have nothing else.

When I get closer to my goal, I may start worrying about things like this but for now, I know I haven't gotten 40 lbs overweight because I ate too many healthy choice meals - it has been the bags of chips, the candy bars, and emmotinal eating. For now, I'm doing great because I'm sure the sodium in my Lean Cuisine is nothing close to what is in a WHOLE ENTIRE PIZZA!:blushing:
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I love lean cuisines. If you watch your sodium on days you chose to eat them, you'll be perfectly fine. Everyone gets so uptight about the sodium content in the meals.