exercise at work?

Options
I work at dairy queen and the entire time i'm on my feet walking around making treats and taking orders, I'm just wondering what I would consider that for my exercises and if i should just not even worry and consider it calories that burn no matter what. I don't work everyday so this doesn't happen all the time.

Replies

• mnec2010
    mnec2010 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Just set your activity level to lightly active. Im a teacher; on my feet all day and steady walking back and forth the hallways in a rush. But I don't count it as burning calories. Maybe some people count it, but I dont.
  • GyasiDaniels
    Options
    You are burning calories but not a meaningful amout. I wouldn't count it. Start into a cardio plan if you haven't already. Message me back, would love to help more!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    if you are accustomed to that level, no.. do not count it.. because you are not pushing yourself, not increasing your heart-rate, nor doing any real exertive type exercise...

Perhaps the days when inventory needs to be done (when you REALLY have to sweat your tush off moving stuff around).. or when your vendors deliver your supplies.. you know you get a workout when you have to rotate your stock to fill the shelves... THAT you can count because its not done on a regular basis...

Im always the first person who is willing to do the rigorous white-glove related cleaning because well... its GREAT exercise, I move large kitchen equipment around all on my own (I scare the men at work because they never thought a woman could do it, BWAHAHAHAHAHA), and I clean to the same level as a professional kitchen cleaning company.... trust me, my clothes are drenched in sweat, my hair is as soaked as a guitar soloist at a concert, and by the time I get home, I need my husband to help me undress to get in the shower because every muscle is screaming "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO WOMAN!???"

LOL