HIIT session on treadmill after a 30 day shred workout

Options
HIIT session on treadmill after a 30 day shred workout...

I want to push myself, in fact I LOVE pushing myself, but is the above too much? I've been running for awhile now and just started 30 day shred a few days ago. If I do a HIIT session on my treadmill right after one of the workouts is this safe, or will it likely lead to burnout? I want to do the 30 day shred M-F but need more cardio. So I'm thinking MWF I might do HIIT runs. Also I only have time for workouts in the mornings. Has anyone done this???

Replies

• chicklidell
    Options
    I don't think you should do both. If you do just HIIT training in itself, it should tax you so that you have no energy for anything else.
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your fitness level. Personally the 30d shred doesn't do much for me so I always do something else that day. Maybe instead of hiit you could just do a run? While I do turbo fire I am also training for a 10k but I have my workouts scheduled so I am not over doing it on one day. Also you shouldn't do hiit workouts 2 days in a row (not sure if you are doing the shred daily).
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    That's actually exactly how I did it. I'd HIIT first and then later on in the day do the 30DS. Listen to your body, though, on days when it's REALLY telling you that it wants to rest.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to listen to your body. If it's really too much, you'll know. Work hard, but don't exhaust yourself every day.
  • regthelittleone
    Options
    That's what I do !! I have been trying to burn more calories( with the shred I burn only 238) so I do HIIT along with it( sometimes in the morning and sometimes at night) depending on my schedule. This is my second week doing this so .....no results yet !!! But I actually feel better!!! Good luck & I agree follow the signs your body gives. I think your plan sounds great :)
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Now I am curious. What is a HIIT session?
  • chicklidell
    Options
    High intensity interval training.....speed intervals, can be done on treadmill, walking, biking......
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the quick responses everyone! I think I might try it for a few days and see, I would do HIIT only 2-3/week and for only 8-10 sets. Thanks again!!!
    @regthelittleo - do you do you HIIT right after ever?