Logging HRM info

Options
When I enter my calories for my workout I enter 75% of what the HRM said. I don't want to double dip calories since some of those are calories I would burn sit or just doing things around the apartment. How does everyone else log them?

Replies

• newarkco05
    Options
    Bump
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    That's pretty hard to estimate... Your HRM should only be counting calories if your HR is above a certain threshold, provided it's a good model. The Polar F7 seems to barely register any calories if my HR is below 115, but very much shows my output for a vigorous workout.

I'm not sure I would discount your HRM calories that much, unless you aren't really working out very much or are not very confident in your HRM's calculation.

Here's another way to estimate your calories using your average HR. Try it and compare with your HRM.

http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/calculators/calories-burned-calculator-based-on-average-heart-rate/

What model HRM do you have?

I use the calories my HRM gives me, to good effect. For the last 17 weeks my calories in / calories out has accurately predicted my desired and resulting 1 lb per week loss... so far so good.
  • newarkco05
    Options
    I couldn't afford one of the top line lines so I just bought a simple Mio. It cost me about $35. I am to lose 1/2 per week so I just want to make sure I don't double dip calories since I don't have that much room for error.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I log the exact number my HRM tells me and I have lost consistently and at pretty close to the rate I'm set to lose (sometimes even a bit faster).
  • newarkco05
    Options
    Thank you to those who answered! I'll start logging what is says and if I notice any issues I'll start logging a percentage of it.