Holidays...

Options
I'm heading over to the states next week for a month and I don't know wether to log in on MFP or not. I don't want to gain weight but am not stall expecting to loose any. I don't want to not try something because of its calories. Im heading to NY and I want to have a bagel and a slice of pizza and all the things USA are know for! What have you done when you have gone on holidays? Advice would be fab!

Replies

• princesspeach577
    princesspeach577 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    If you are eating at a chain restaurant, go online and look at the calories first. Most chains here post them on their websites. NY pizza is great, so get a slice if you want! I would try to eat healthy the majority of the time and then splurge on the few things you really want to try. NYC is also great for walking! You will be able to get a lot of exercise in when you are sightseeing. Make sure you bring warm clothes. It can get pretty cold.
  • lilgriffo
    Options
    Eeek! I'm so scared abOut the cold wether! I got sunburnt today and will be heading straight into winter! Thanks for the advice! I was thinking of packing some snacks in my bag to keep me going so I don't have to buy lunch but muesli bars are so high in calories! Do u know of any snacks they sell in the us that's low calorie but will keep me going Inbetween meals that I can chuck in my handbag?