Sports Bras - Ladies Only :P

Options
2»

Replies

• slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    thanks guys.
    in response to slieber; the girls at my academy have actually duct taped their breasts down before. i never have but that seems kinda extreme and hot.

I've heard of it but never did it. You have to be closer to the C level to really get that good of an effect from duct tape (ouch!)
  • tiggertail
    tiggertail Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I was a 36DD when I started on MFP & I'm now 34F! I have 2 Berlei sports bras & I can't fault them. They keep your boobs looking like boobs (not a 'mono-boob in sight) whilst also ensuring they don't give you a black eye when you move & the option for a crossover back means I don't have to keep fighting to keep the straps up when I run. Good luck in your search. xxx

9131614.png
  • heather7131
    Options
    I'm a D and I've got a great sports bra from Victorias Secret! Supportive and sexy.
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    I like buying the bra smaller so it pulls them up higher and makes them look perkier! Makes them move less too.

this makes mine fall out or makes me look like i have 4 boobs (36DD)
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    The thing with bras and dancing is that they have to have a somewhat low back. Standard sports bras have those high backs, which can be seen through or rise above leotards and costumes.

For performance, I went to a couple of places (like Victoria's Secret) and had them help me pick out a good, strong strapless bra. For regular class, I use the Champion, which generally doesn't show above a standard leotard.
  • inammorata
    Options
    How about for those of us on the smaller side? :/ Most sports bras I get either don't stay in place or flatten me even more, grr!
  • astorminside
    astorminside Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i will probably go to Victoria's Secret. my dance instructor said to try local dance stores but there's only one within 50 miles and i looked and it mostly caters to younger girls so none of the bras really work. and it's hard to tell if bras will be good on the online dance stores. /:

and to the comment above mine, when i had smaller breasts i really liked the danskin now bras at walmart. look for some that are kind of firm, but don't have super defined shape.
  • lilibean01
    lilibean01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I also suggest Moving Comfort bras.