alcohol and diets

Options
2»

Replies

• Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I found lots of drinks on this site. Some of them have the nutritional value when you click on them too.

http://www.nursingschools.net/blog/2011/05/50-healthy-low-cal-cocktail-recipes-for-the-aspiring-skinny-girl/
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    OK... Im on a diet but I am not dead!! Biggest mountain ever... I like to have a drink or two but the calories put me over !!

I dont drink everyday ... only once a week and today is the day ! If my lbs go up tom I will be depressed !! I need support please help... everyone here is drinking !!! :drinker:
    I severed my connections with fat friends and drinking friends.
    Nature abhors a vacuum, and new fitness oriented people connected with me.

The people we hang out with effect us, and you need to decide how important reaching your fitness goals really are.
    When I am around people drinking heavy, I do likewise.
    When I am around people binge eating, I do likewise.

It's self-defense. Some here might be stronger than I - hats off to you!
    I am not, so I broke away from such people and am now associated with some new, wonderful and supportive friends.
    Our common interest?
    HEALTH AND FITNESS!
    Good advice!
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have Jack and diet Coke EVERY NIGHT! Like you said we aren't dead and it's not a diet it's a live style change LOL

I don't have it every night, but I do have is frequently (and tonights the night. Jack n coke zero :)
  • CMM2132
    CMM2132 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OK ... WOW look at the drinkers ;) I will not give up my friends...LOL

OK so captain and coke... Diet of course... 3 drinks 180... not too shabby :):drinker:
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Some good advice here. Interesting no one has mentioned light beer. Some of the light beers are pretty low in both carbs and calories per 12 ounce can. http://www.realbeer.com/edu/health/calories.php

I like to drink beer if I can when I'm with a group, because the carbonation forces me to sip more slowly. A lot of the secret to drinking while dieting is to limit your total consumption.
  • CMM2132
    CMM2132 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow.. did you really stop talking to your fat friends? And I am not a person who does what everyone else does.. so if they are heavy drinkers that doesn't effect me... I like to drink myself.. but if I had a friend that was "fat" I wouldn't stop talking to them because of that... WOW thats kind of shallow. I really hope I read that the wrong way... because thats a horrible thing to say and do. to someone... :sad:

:
    [/quote]I severed my connections with fat friends and drinking friends.

The people we hang out with effect us, and you need to decide how important reaching your fitness goals really are.

I am not, so I broke away from such people and am now associated with some new, wonderful and supportive friends.
    Our common interest?
    HEALTH AND FITNESS!
    [/quote]
  • robinreed10
    Options
    Last time I went to New Orleans and was trying to count calories and be good...I was drinking Crystal lite with vodka...pretty good and you have so many flavors to choose from!
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    my sistah! I drink Bacardi and Diet Coke. and yeah, probably most nights. don't judge!
    OK ... WOW look at the drinkers ;) I will not give up my friends...LOL

OK so captain and coke... Diet of course... 3 drinks 180... not too shabby :):drinker:
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    there are so many vodka flavors. I like to drink flavored vodka and soda (which is just club soda, zero calories).
    Last time I went to New Orleans and was trying to count calories and be good...I was drinking Crystal lite with vodka...pretty good and you have so many flavors to choose from!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Skinny Girl Margaritas!! Yummy and only 35 calories per 1.5 ounces.

Yes, and I found another called Ivanna B Skinny Margaritas or something like that... it tastes even better than skinny girls!

i will have to try that cuz i hate the skinny girl ones...i would rather be a fat girl!
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    just stop drinking it sabotages you
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    When I drink I drink shots and alternate with diet sodas and or water. I found that since I changed my lifestyle I don't get the same feeling from drinking that I used to though. :)
  • lilithe1
    lilithe1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow.. did you really stop talking to your fat friends? And I am not a person who does what everyone else does.. so if they are heavy drinkers that doesn't effect me... I like to drink myself.. but if I had a friend that was "fat" I wouldn't stop talking to them because of that... WOW thats kind of shallow. I really hope I read that the wrong way... because thats a horrible thing to say and do. to someone... :sad:

:
    I severed my connections with fat friends and drinking friends.

Our common interest?
    HEALTH AND FITNESS!

I don't agree with this post either, but it is a valid point. I have some friends who are overweight and don't really seem to mind, so I make sure that when I hang out with them, it's doing something that does not involve food. Because, to be honest, if I go to dinner and my friends order fried foods, appetizers, and dessert, it causes 2 problems. 1) it's tempting for me and 2) if I am sticking to my diet, it makes them think I am acting superior and makes everyone uncomfortable. So I keep my friends no matter their size, but I do take it into consideration when planning activities and get-togethers. It has helped a lot to stay away from those friends when food is involved. :)