What do you do with/for your sagging belly?!

Options
2»

Replies

• KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Spanx!!!!!!!
  • MadDogTannen22
    MadDogTannen22 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I might start saving for a tummy tuck....

FYI, My friend just had it, and I saw her stomach about 6 weeks post surgery...gross! I'd rather have the saggiest tummy than that! Scaring, but its more than that, it look misshaped, and she still has to wear a skin tightening body suit. Just my opinion, give it time. Skin takes a while to heal, but drink lots of water and give it time.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options

I researched it for over a year before I went to see a Surgeon. Since my stomach muscles were seperated and the FLAP of skin caused additional problems my Health insurance (United Healthcare) paid every penny for the surgery. When it was all done and said I had 4 lbs of excess skin removed from my stomach, a new beautiful belly button and all my nasty stretch marks were gone.

I know that mine are like that since I had a c-section and a hysterectomy. How did you get the insurance to cover it? What research? You can private message details if possible. I still have lots to lose first.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I wear supportive undergarments and tuck it into my jeans. Lol a tummy tuck would be a grand thing. We'll see how everything looks after I've gotten down to my goal weight. The last five pounds will probably be extra skin. Yay. :-/
  • Megan2Project
    Megan2Project Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I lost 90lbs and was down at 149 in the early 2000s, at first is was saggy but over time it tightened up. Took about 2-3 years of not really working on it. This time, once I hit goat, I plan to go all out with my strength training, water drinking and lotion for at least two years before I'll even consider it. I guess we'll see...
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    The skin will catch up, it just takes time, some times a lot of time, but nothing better then natural, expassaly encase after you gain back, then what will you do keep getting the sugary
  • RyanEParker
    Options
    Are you planning on losing more weight? Your age also makes a difference. The younger you are the easier it is for your skin to tighten back up on itself after you've lost weight.

Go do some low-intensity, high reps exercise so you ca bring more blood to the area. I've heard that this helps. Drink lots of water and pray :)

Ryan Parker
    Rock-Abs.net - How I Lost my Beer Belly
  • RyanEParker
    Options
  • Angela_BB40
    Angela_BB40 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kids and my belly sags quit a bit. However when I was down to 150 I could tuck my pants in and wear a belt. You could not tell I had a belly. I'm at 170 now and it's getting back to where it was. Eat as clean as you can and continue to work out and tone your body. The fat under the skin has to go somewhere. However. were it not for the risks, I would definitly have a tummy tuck just so I can get a smooth belly again. LOL
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I haven't got to that point yet but if I ever get a saggy belly or boobs, I'm having surgery! They have layaway plans! :)

LOVE IT!!!