quit smoking help!!!!

Options
I quit smoking a lil over a week ago...and I'm trying to find low Cal and sugar thinks to suck or chew on...right now I'm sucking/chewing on Brady's sugarfree cinnamon hard candy...3 pieces are 35cals 17carbs 17 sugars alcohal......help...thanks

Replies

• agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    over a week is awesome!!! this is the worst part by FAR! I quit smoking a year and a half ago after many attempts. the difference was that I was truly ready.

I chewed nicotine gum and sugar free gum.

Someone suggested to me chewing on a cinnamon stick. It satisfies the hand AND mouth craving. I tried it a little and it wasn't bad at all.
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    I've never tried to quiet before but I decided if I wan to lose weight and get healthy then I should also quit...so that's what I'm doing...I don't always have cravings just sometime so I guess that's a good thing
  • gg24
    gg24 Posts: 58
    Options
    I used a patch and the nicotine gum for bad cravings. Spicy candy/gum does help too.

Congrats and Good Luck!!!
  • Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I so wish I could get my butt back in gear and quit smoking again. I quit last year for about 5 months but gained like 30 lbs so I'm just scared at this point - mental stuff is fighting with me.

Congratulations on making it a week - your doing awesome and keep it up! I will be with you soon! :)
  • sew1222
    sew1222 Posts: 241
    Options
    I so wish I could get my butt back in gear and quit smoking again. I quit last year for about 5 months but gained like 30 lbs so I'm just scared at this point - mental stuff is fighting with me.

Congratulations on making it a week - your doing awesome and keep it up! I will be with you soon! :)

thanks!!! i so know what you mean im so scared of gaining weight :frown:
  • venom74799
    Options
    I've been there. Try gum to calm the oral fixation part for a cigarette, patches if you have a nic fit, and get a hobby that keeps you occupied. Dieting and working out has really helped me by flushing the nicotine out an replenishing my body with exercise, clean food, and water. It's annoying for the first week to month pending on how long you have been smoking. I had the shakes for about 3 weeks before it left me and I haven't turned back since. Just keep the mind busy and fight the urge like your life depended on it (and to a degree it does) and it'll help the urge pass.

Wishing you luck towards success !!!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking a lil over a week ago...and I'm trying to find low Cal and sugar thinks to suck or chew on...right now I'm sucking/chewing on Brady's sugarfree cinnamon hard candy...3 pieces are 35cals 17carbs 17 sugars alcohal......help...thanks

My husband is quitting using an e-cig.
  • agentscully514
    Options
    if it helps, I didn't gain when I quit. I was fat before, and I stayed fat, at the same exact weight, lol.

thanks!!! i so know what you mean im so scared of gaining weight :frown:
  • agentscully514
    Options
    not for nothing, but your life does depend on it. we ALL know people who have suffered from smoking. me, I have a close friend whbo is suffering from lung cancer, and I am sorry to say, it is pretty clear he will not make it. don't mess around. I get it, I LOVED smoking. but this is real. it will kill you. I still miss it all the time. it's awful.

I've been there. Try gum to calm the oral fixation part for a cigarette, patches if you have a nic fit, and get a hobby that keeps you occupied. Dieting and working out has really helped me by flushing the nicotine out an replenishing my body with exercise, clean food, and water. It's annoying for the first week to month pending on how long you have been smoking. I had the shakes for about 3 weeks before it left me and I haven't turned back since. Just keep the mind busy and fight the urge like your life depended on it (and to a degree it does) and it'll help the urge pass.

Wishing you luck towards success !!!