Unbreakable Plateau

Options
So I've been stuck at 150lbs for over a month now. During this time I quit breastfeeding so now I'm eating the 1200 cals that MFP has assigned me, and I'd started going to the gym like 3-4 times a week, n I was still seeing no budge in the scale. These last two weeks I havent been able to get to the gym, just been busy sppring cleaning n school n work have just made it next to impossible to find time to go... but other than that I've been good, I dont pig out I stay within cals I stay active during the day n at work at night so why am I stuck at 150lbs!!! I've got 20 days til my husband comes home for 2 weeks n then he leaves for Iraq... I'd planned on at least being my prepreggo weight of 140 135ish but I'm the same as when he saw me on valentines day, wth!!!!!!

Replies

• supermom1114
    Options
    So I've been stuck at 150lbs for over a month now. During this time I quit breastfeeding so now I'm eating the 1200 cals that MFP has assigned me, and I'd started going to the gym like 3-4 times a week, n I was still seeing no budge in the scale. These last two weeks I havent been able to get to the gym, just been busy sppring cleaning n school n work have just made it next to impossible to find time to go... but other than that I've been good, I dont pig out I stay within cals I stay active during the day n at work at night so why am I stuck at 150lbs!!! I've got 20 days til my husband comes home for 2 weeks n then he leaves for Iraq... I'd planned on at least being my prepreggo weight of 140 135ish but I'm the same as when he saw me on valentines day, wth!!!!!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    First of all I can GUARANTEE you he will NOT be putting you on the SCALE when he gets home!!!

2ndly read up on the plateau threads. I wasnt eating enough, and when I increased my food I started to lose again.

You have been doing great!!:flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

have you measured yourself?

I know its hard to find time to fit working out in- but you will never find time you need to make it. Try some strength training pop in a dvd and don't forget the cardio-

Don't beat yourself up- Your husband is going to be excited to see you during his R&R get you a cute little outfit to pick him up in and enjoy yourself-

Also remember that MFP is just a guide you may need to tweak it to your individual needs maybe you need more than 1200 calories a day-
    Do you have your goals set at 1lb a week or 2lbs?

I heard Jillian Michaels radio show and she said she puts the women on the show at 1400-1600 calories a day and works them out for 6-8 hours a day and they have plenty of fat reserve/fuel-

She also told a lady who wasn't eating enough to slowly increase her calories to 1600 calories a day and to keep them there FOREVER- and to WORKOUT-

Try playing with your calories like I said 1200 just may not be your number
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    It could be just your body readjusting to the initial weight loss. I've been playing with calories cycling or zig-zagging. It is having some higher calorie days and lower calorie days to kind of confuse your body out of a plateau. Check out www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm I would try and make sure that you are tracking and eating your exercise calories.
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Give your body some time. My sister is breast-feeding her third, and with the last two, coming off of that can take a bit of time to adjust. What about upping your calories to 1450 a day? Maybe add the extra to your morning diet. My sister also cut white flour and sugar from her diet and it broke the plateau...

good luck. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SHOPPINGDIVA
    Options
    omg im stuck in the SAME situation except im 155 lbs help!
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    I plateaued for a couple (three) weeks. I increased my water and the weight started coming off again. For me I think it was not being "regular" and water helped get things moving again. The note about not eating enough might also be true ... check that out and the other suggestions by searching for "plateau" in the community archives.
  • bradybrookes
    Options
    Same boat here . . . I started at the end of 2007 at 292. Now close to 150, but would like to see 135. Staying within the 1200 calories, and working out usually 5 days per week doing 1 hr of cardio (treadmill running/eliptical) and 20 minutes of weights with an athletic trainer. He has no problem with the plateau because he says I'm building muscle. Been stuck for about three weeks . . trying to stay positive!!