Greetings from Texarkana!

Options
Hello. My name is Michelle, and I have been using the app for a week now. My doctor told me to download it and use it. All I can say is WOW! I had no idea how much food I was really eating. I have been working out with a personal trainer now for three months and have dropped a size and increased my strength. I even dropped about 8 pounds, but that was about it. Well, after just recording what I ate for a couple of days it became very clear that I was consuming 2,500-4,000 calories a day! I love to eat, but really thought I was eating about 1,500-1,800 a day. Obviously I was wrong. Well, my old college roommate posted on Facebook a couple of days before I went to the doctor that she and her husband were losing weight with my fitness pal because when she ran out of calories, she had to stop eating! I quickly realized how wonderful this was. I really like the part where if I exercise, I can eat extra if I want or feel the need to. I also like that I can eat pizza, like I did tonight. I plugged in the information and ate what I wanted, but that was what was allowed on my plan. Of course I did go to the gym and workout, so I got to enjoy an extra slice. And, it was a healthier choice with veggies and thin crust. And so, I have an 8 month plan to lose 80 pounds. Between my doctor, working out and my fitness pal, I am going to take it one day at a time. Since I am a teacher, I figure I will be at my target goal when school starts. Of course once I get there, I will continue to use the app to maintain and keep myself in check.

Replies

• Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    That's SO awesome! Amazing! I'm so happy for your success so far!

And I know what you mean, it's REALLY eye-opening, isn't it? But it really does teach u how to budget.

I think there should be a section on this in Health Class in schools. Budgeting Calories. Maybe even transfer the concept over to the Business Department & teach kids about money the same way. You can spend what you have, then you STOP. And if you get another job, or make overtime, then you have that much extra to play with and enjoy.

GREAT concepts, GREAT learning tool! I think it's just fantastic?