What is your favorite fruit/veggie?

Options
What is your favorite fruit/veggie to eat? How do you like to prepare it (cooked, raw, seasoned, etc...)? Any recipes that you make with it?

Replies

• medesr
    medesr Posts: 9
    Options
    I like spaghetti squash because it is quite versatile. There is a great recipe on www.allrecipes.com called "spaghetti squash I". Very healthy, and easy to make. Also very tasty.
  • Figuringoutme
    Options
    bell peppers. love them raw or stuffed with rice, meat and diced tomatoes.

Fuji apples. cold and crisp
  • officiallymrswhite
    officiallymrswhite Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I like spaghetti squash because it is quite versatile. There is a great recipe on www.allrecipes.com called "spaghetti squash I". Very healthy, and easy to make. Also very tasty.

Looks great!! I have never made spaghetti squash but I think I may have to try it now!
  • athena706
    Options
    Hmmm. I absolutely LOVE watermelon!!! You ever smell vine-riped tomatoes? Yum! And, finally, sweet potato. I like it baked.
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Veggies I love eggplant. I cut it open & roast then add to pasta sauce or top with cheese. I also like to slice it in half, then slice 1/2 way through one half (think like a pita pocket) & take some wilted spinach & ricotta and stuff it in the eggplant pocket. Then I roast the whole thing. Great vegetarian meal. You can add any meat you like if you eat meat.

Fruits I love grapes. I like to eat then raw or even freezing them & popping a few. Just like having an ice pop on a hot summer day.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Yams... plain baked in their jackets.

Figs... just as they are, eaten raw. By the case if I could get them!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Fruit: Peaches! Raw and with nothing else (though I have been known to enjoy them with yogurt, or grape nuts. I'd pretty much eat them with everything if it were an option).

Vegetable (Ok, I guess technically it's a berry...): Eggplant. Yum yum yum. Any way it's prepared. Stewed, roasted, grilled, sandwiches.
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    i love broccoli!!
    I like to steam it and just eat it.
    sometimes i make a cheese sauce for it and just eat a plate of broccoli and cheese sauce for dinner.
    Also i cut it up into small florets and shake it in a Tupperware container with light Italian or other vinaigrette dressing (lightly dressed) and it makes a nice salad to put beside your dinner.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Favorite Fruit.... ..... ..... Cantaloup
    - I like to cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and fill with cottage cheese :)

Favorite Veggie... .... ..... Mushrooms
    - I stuff portabella mushroom caps w/ spinach, tomatos & cheese
    - I grill portabella mushroom caps w/ steak seasoning and use in place of a burger
    - I saute mushrooms and put them on my veggie burgers with melted swiss cheese :)
    - I slice them raw in a salad
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Favorite Fruit:
    BERRIES! Strawberries, blue berries, raspberries love em all

Veggies:
    This is tough. I'd say Green Beans or Broccoli but both cooked not raw (steamed or roasted)

Just found some recipes for both that sound/are great

Roasted Parmesan green beans- (this one is great already tried it)
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/11/roasted-parmesan-green-beans.html
    Roasted Broccoli with balsamic glaze
    http://jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com/2012/01/roasted-broccoli-with-balsamic-and.html
  • tikanique
    tikanique Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes - cut into strips, tossed with 1/2 tsp olive oil, sprinkled with chili powder, .1/4 tsp of sugar and baked at 350 for 20 minutes. nice side dish or nice snack.
  • Front_Runner
    Options
    I go by what's in seasoon... right now I love butternut squash It's very sweet & easy to cook - just chop up, rub with a tiny bit of olive oil, rosemary, and garlic - then roast, skin on in the oven. You can also cook them with a bit of water, in the microwave! Taste like candy! I love almost any kind of winter squash... pumpkin, acorn... mmmm! Also in season for us now are citrus. I'm loving a little tangerine for dessert! :)
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Fave fruit: Bananas. I use them in almost every smoothie I make. Really hits the spot, and tastes good no matter what kind of smoothie it is.

Fave veggies: Bell peppers. I love the red ones most, but all of them together (usually sliced and roasted) can really make a meal.
  • Christine42012
    Options
    Fav Veg has to be Broccoli! I steam it and put all kinds of spices on. Montreal steak, Garlic powder, and Red pepper flakes are my top 3 ways to spice it up!

Fav Fruit . . . . PINEAPPLE!!! On everything. But my ultimate is rings on the bbq. But in cottage cheese or yogurt on Kabobs. Sauteed then put on top of meat. LOVE ME MY PINEAPPLE! I also make a sweet and sour meatball with tons of pineapple and green peppers. Still working on it to fit into my new calorie limits though. . .
  • Kaison02
    Options
    Frozen grapes
  • ericalyn93
    Options
    I loooooove cuccumbers! and celery, and broccoli! lol (like them all raw)
    my favorite fruit is banana. and strawberries....mmmmm!
  • it_be_asin
    it_be_asin Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Seriously, I love just about every fruit and veggie I have ever tried. They are all made of awesome. Hence, I am a vegetarian.

However, if I had to pick all time favourites - tomato is something I couldn't live without, I eat it just about every day. There is a case for calling it a vegetable or a fruit - technically, it is a fruit.

All of my favourite vegetables are actually fruits! zucchini, eggplant, capsicum, tomato.... I guess my favourite vegetable that actually is a vegetable would probably be spinach or carrot.

Favourite fruit which is eaten as a fruit - hmmmm, so many nice ones, probably pineapple. Or maybe white peaches, or strawberries, or passionfruit... so many nice ones, how do you pick?
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yams... plain baked in their jackets.

Figs... just as they are, eaten raw. By the case if I could get them!

You are a girl after my own heart! Those are my favorites, too! Love a baked yam (sweet potato) and fresh figs just are not around long enough to suit me! My daughter and I can eat a gallon of them by ourselves. :noway:
  • lilah808
    Options
    I've been adding fresh basil to my salads....mmmmm so good!
  • onefourone
    Options
    Hmmm. I absolutely LOVE watermelon!!! You ever smell vine-riped tomatoes? Yum! And, finally, sweet potato. I like it baked.

Yes minus the sweet potato