• markytproctor
    Options
    Keep up the great work!
  • mikeandfox
    Options
    Yeah, 5'11" (71 inches) tall.
  • mikeandfox
    Options
    Can I ask what you did to lead to your awesome success?

Physically, I used myfitnesspal a lot. I also keep a spreadsheet of daily recordings. Did my research on BMR, RMR, and such. And stuck to reaching my calorie goal.

I haven't exercised as much as I should, but I did do some cardio for a while (mostly walking) and am trying to stay on top of strength training with free weights.

Mentally, I just had to tell myself to stop screwing around and do this. I have a bad family history of diabetes and heart disease. The deaths or declines in my family have all be weight related. I'm trying to buck this trend.
  • dumas818
    dumas818 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Doing good keep it up!
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Great job! =)

10039000.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Mike. We had similar starting points and finish points. When I got below 220 my body said "no more weight loss for you!", so I'm in maintenance right now and hope to slowly loose another 20 lbs of fat this coming year.

Do yourself a favor, read up on the hormone leptin and how it affects people who lose a significant amount of fat. I believe it It became a real issue for me.
  • Sheri48
    Sheri48 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is great. I am working on being in your shoes one day. :)
  • mikeandfox
    Options
    Awesome job Mike. We had similar starting points and finish points. When I got below 220 my body said "no more weight loss for you!", so I'm in maintenance right now and hope to slowly loose another 20 lbs of fat this coming year.

Do yourself a favor, read up on the hormone leptin and how it affects people who lose a significant amount of fat. I believe it It became a real issue for me.

Thank you! However I can only find information concerning Leptin and how it can affect weight loss. Not how weight loss affects Leptin.

Do you have any links or sources?
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Nice going. I used to look pretty much the same as you and today is 9 months in and have lost 119 pounds so far. I still have some way to go.
  • magikfairygirl
    Options
    Wow, you are a great inspiration!!! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!